PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage MK ll standard trigger

MARINE DIVISION TWO
07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Recieved this firearm from my DIL she did not know what features I wanted so I ended up with the muzzel not being crowned and standard trigger ! Is it possible to buy the accutrigger somewhere ? I think I could live with the muzzle not being crowned as these guns are very accurate ! I hunt usually at 50 yards with rimfire and would like to attain 3/4 inch groupings on a bench rest ! T Y for any input you can provide. MDT

Fiddler
07-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Have you heard about the Savage trigger shim modification?
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46774
I did this with my standard trigger and am very pleased with the results.

MARINE DIVISION TWO
07-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Will try the shim,I really would have preffered the accutrigger and would not be keen on selling this one to get the savage with the accutrigger & crowned barrel.Hopefully the shim will accomplish what I want. TY for the info/MDT

Maztech89
08-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Your barrel is crowned, maybe just not the style of crown you prefer. In my opinion the accutrigger sucks, I hate the center blade on them and take it out or put a rifle basix sav-rat in mine. I understand I am the minority on that and that many are quite happy with theirs, but I wouldn't feel like it was lacking if I were you. With the shim mod and some polishing and stoning you can have a good hunting trigger.

Bang
08-28-2015, 10:29 AM
My E series came with Accutrigger and a crown that was ugly. I sent a photo of the muzzle to Savage, asking if that crude lathe work would affect accuracy. No response.

The Accutrigger on the .22 is nowhere near the superb Accutrigger on my Savage 10 FCP-K. Because of that, I have ordered an Apachee trigger kit. I crowned the rifle myself and it made a tiny bit of difference. I was not satisfied with 3/4 inch at 50 yards. I wanted five touching from a bench rest. Between re-crowning, J B Weld bedding the first inch of the barrel, finding the best ammo (CCI standard velocity) and learning that the rifle wants some digit pressure on top of the barrel in front of the receiver, I can get five touching now and then. I agree don't be too taken with the Accutrigger on the FV SR...mine will not go below about 3-1/4 pounds, and it feels like a forever ordeal before it breaks.

Jack1
08-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Recieved this firearm from my DIL she did not know what features I wanted so I ended up with the muzzel not being crowned and standard trigger ! Is it possible to buy the accutrigger somewhere ? I think I could live with the muzzle not being crowned as these guns are very accurate ! I hunt usually at 50 yards with rimfire and would like to attain 3/4 inch groupings on a bench rest ! T Y for any input you can provide. MDT

I have just fitted the Apachee trigger kit on the Accutrigger of my Savage BSEF .22 rifle. It makes the trigger pull adjustable from 14 ozs upwards . The lowest I got before was 2.5 lbs.now it is set for a tad below 1lb. Great for bench rest competitions. $58 from Amazon or EBay. e mail apacheetrigger@yahoo.com. See it fitted to a Savage MK11 on you tube
$58 (£64) well spent much improves accuracy. Fitting is OK if you are a touch mechanical.
Incidentally, Savage supply the Accutrigger tension adjusting tool if you need one
Good luck

kwalter219@aol.com
08-31-2016, 08:24 PM
I just picked up a MarkII GXP from Dicks Sporting. Nice enough rifle for what I need it for. First trip to the range and I was wondering about my choice. Trigger pull was off the scale, and felt like a gravel road. I read about shimming the trigger assy, but did not feel comfortable going that route. Broke the rifle down and removed the trigger assy. It is a very simple design. I layed the parts out on the outside of the trigger housing and watched where the metal parts interacted. Spent about 15 minutes polishing these surfaces. I also found a spring that was a little softer to go between these parts. Upon reassembly I found I now have a very crisp 3 lb pull trigger. I have bounced it, banged it and it without it "firing". I am now very happy with this rifle