PDA

View Full Version : So Relieved and Totally Stoked With My New Model 12 LRP 6.5

Keone
07-25-2015, 04:04 PM
After purchasing my Model 12 LRP in 6.5 I read a few postings about short chambers and problems with extraction, So naturally I was worried about it. Yesterday was the first time I shot it and It seems that I got lucky with this one. Not only does the rifle cycle and extract beautifully, I couldn't be happier with its shooting.

Out of the box the rifle was very dirty, probably the most filthy out of the box rifle I own. I cleaned it thoroughly, bore scoped, and headed out to the desert.

All shots below Hornady 120 A-Max @100 yds

Group one center target , shooting prone from a very unstable pile of packing blankets in my truck bed with 15-20mph winds. First shot is closest to the bulls eye... Totally luck as I was not ready for the LRP trigger to break so lightly. I also have a Sig SSG 3000, while I believe the SIG's trigger to be phenomenal, the LRP seems to be adjusted "lighter" out of the box.. The next four shot are to the right of the center bull. I started to get disappointed after the third shot. A brief check out reveled my front scope mount was only finger tight.

After tightening it up I tried again for the lower left target from my Caldwell DFT LedSled. Really happy with the second 5 shot group but about 3.5" right and about .5" low.

Last group, right on target.... Lower left target.

I cant believe I'm getting results like this with factory ammo with less than 20 bullets down the tube. It took a while for my SIG to settle in.

Totally Stoked and Just had to share....

K

Questions, Comments, and just plain Wise Crack remarks are all welcomed.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/Keone/IMG_3388_zpsvbcqhsom.jpg

devildogandboy
07-25-2015, 05:48 PM
you definitely have a good one there! good shooting. if you try out the 140's post some more pics.

Bruce