PDA

View Full Version : Apache Barrels

romad97
07-16-2015, 05:59 PM
I just received my first apache made barrel. I ordered a 24.5" 1-9.5 twist 7mm WSM with a harrels brake. My first impression of this barel is just amazing. I havent got to shoot it yet as my stockade stock is still not done yet but, as far as fit and finish for the price I paid for this barrel I absolutely could not be more pleased. If anyone is on the fence about ordering one of Jims barrels I would say don't hesitate. Like I said I have not got to shoot it so I can't attest to the accuracy but I can say that the turn around time is fast and the price, and the fit and finish is every bit as good as any CBI or shilen that I have ever purchased.

DrThunder88
07-17-2015, 01:13 AM
Totally! I don't have any top shelf barrels, but Apache's are tops among the moderately priced, aftermarket tubes I have.

strut64
07-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Can anyone comment on how the Apache barrels hold up in terms of copper depostion?? thinking seriously of ordering one.

pyscodog
07-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm a little behind, who is selling them?

devildogandboy
07-17-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm a little behind, who is selling them?

Apache Gun Works, a sponsor of this fine forum. http://www.apachegunworks.com/

Bruce

Dewey7271
07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
I've had no real issues regarding copper deposits. No more than any other initially. I'm a fan of Holland's Witches Brew for copper during initial break in.
FWIW, I have 5 of Jim's barrels. Just received a 260 AI barrel and the first shots have been superb.
I have done the shoot one, clean, shoot one, clean for 8-10 shots. Then a couple groups of three then fire away. After each full session, a loose patch with Witches Brew, wait 5, then wipe out followed by patch of Hoppes 9, wipe out, then CLP. Using this I have had no copper issues whatsoever.
Don't know if that has any value for you or not?

DrThunder88
07-17-2015, 11:29 PM
I don't do break in and haven't had any problems I've noticed with copper in mine. I suppose a borescoping might reveal problems, but I've not noticed any performance problems in my .300 Win Mag barrel.