PDA

View Full Version : My Boyds stock came in

Biggred191
07-16-2015, 12:45 PM
My Boyds stock showed up an hour ago, so I dropped everything and installed it lol. Everything fit, action slid right in along with the bottom "metal" and trigger guard. The barrel seems to be free floated (I slid a peice of paper between it and the channel). I dont have any experience with stocks or much modifications for that matter so is there anything I should be looking for to confirm proper fitment. Everything seems to and I really like the feel and the pepper finish on this prairie hunter stock. I am quite pleased.

Thanks for your time folks.

BlueDog
07-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Pics?

Biggred191
07-16-2015, 05:09 PM
For your pleasure?

BlueDog
07-16-2015, 05:18 PM
lol, BigRed, as dirty as you make it sound. Yes, I derive quite a bit of pleasure as I ogle new builds. (I'm really just here to steal ideas.)

Biggred191
07-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Lol. Its not done yet. I was iffy about a new trigger until yesterday so I'm going to be ordering that soon. I also need to put on my new scope rings. I hate uploading pictures, so i'll do it when its done.

Any advice pertaining to my question since I've got your attention or if it seems to fit perfectly then it does fit perfectly?

BlueDog
07-16-2015, 06:28 PM
I have a few Boyd's stocks, one wasn't free floated, the other two were. I don't think there is a right or wrong, as proof is in the pudding. I did free float my first Boyd's (not a Savage) and it shoots better. So if it were mine, I'd leave as be, concentrate on getting it scoped, then run it through the wringer. (And then post those luscious pics, of course...)

Biggred191
07-16-2015, 11:49 PM
Roger that.

03mossy
07-17-2015, 12:12 AM
How long did it take to get from the time you ordered it?

Biggred191
07-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Just over two weeks.

mike21
07-17-2015, 10:27 AM
I've not much experience with stocks either, but my readings here indicate a free floated tang is pretty important. You might make sure that area is not touching the new stock anywhere.

03mossy
07-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Just over two weeks.

Excellent. thank you

tper75296
08-19-2015, 06:24 AM
My Boyds stock showed up an hour ago, so I dropped everything and installed it lol. Everything fit, action slid right in along with the bottom "metal" and trigger guard. The barrel seems to be free floated (I slid a peice of paper between it and the channel). I dont have any experience with stocks or much modifications for that matter so is there anything I should be looking for to confirm proper fitment. Everything seems to and I really like the feel and the pepper finish on this prairie hunter stock. I am quite pleased.

Thanks for your time folks.

What was your model? did you use the true metal "bottom metal" or a composite (hard plastic) "frame"? did you use your original action screw and no length adjustment on the screws?

Reason asking: I followed others chortling explanations re: a Boyd's product, used the composite and original screws/spacers; model 11 TH XP and straight install; locked up the action; minimal screw torgue. Shimmed the composite bottom metal and stock cracked down the middle at the rear action screw.

Boyd's will not return my calls for an RMA nor will they answer emails.