PDA

View Full Version : 1 pc base

rs
07-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Any input on the weaver one piece slotted base thats available for the axis .

Brett
07-12-2015, 07:51 PM
I have not seen the Weaver base yet. EGW makes a one piece base also. I have one and am pleased with it.

BlueDog
07-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I used the one piece steel Warne base. I'm very happy with it.

DrThunder88
07-12-2015, 07:57 PM
I have the 0 MOA Weaver rail on one of mine. It's pretty good, maybe a bit glossier than the EGW rails I have. I prefer Torx or socket cap screws and the Weaver rail comes with slotted screws, as I recall.

rs
07-12-2015, 08:00 PM
The reason i asked the questiom is the weaver base is only half the price of the EGW and warne and the reason for many axis owners to own one is to keep the cost down . so if it works why not.

DrThunder88
07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
I go with EGW because the finish matches a bit better and I suffer from a persistent delusion that I can shoot long ranges. They're also forum sponsors, so the cost difference doesn't bother me too much.

pisgah
07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
The reason i asked the questiom is the weaver base is only half the price of the EGW and warne and the reason for many axis owners to own one is to keep the cost down . so if it works why not.

It works quite well, economical and solid. It allows you a tremendous increase in the number of different scopes you can use as opposed to the 2 piece mounts, which can be very problematic when it comes to ring placement.

Rosco
07-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Pigsah nailed it, the Axis is essentially a long action. Many of the newer scopes simply don't have the tube length to allow for enough movement back and forth with 2 piece bases which can cause problems with eye relief. I have a shorter length of pull and need to my mount scopes further back otherwise I end up crawling up the stock and have trouble getting a consistent cheek weld. I have both the EGW and Weaver rails, both have worked without issue, but I prefer the Weaver because the rail profile is smaller. This lets the rings sit closer to the bore which means I can either not use a stock pack or if I do it doesn't require much adjustment , but that is just me.

rs
07-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all the input, ordered the weaver base this AM.

yobuck
07-13-2015, 11:31 AM
I go with EGW because the finish matches a bit better and I suffer from a persistent delusion that I can shoot long ranges. They're also forum sponsors, so the cost difference doesn't bother me too much.

Its not a delusion, we can all in fact shoot long range.
Its just than most of us have trouble hitting things at long range.
Especially when theres wittnesses.

rfd12fv
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
i also needed a weaver scope base for a new axis hb that's coming and almost every online vendor was out with no hint of restocking. finally found one on amazon for $23/shipped. it'll do.