PDA

View Full Version : Proper scope rail for my 110

Ironfinger
07-10-2015, 09:29 AM
I really hate the two piece scope rail/mounts on my newly purchased 110 Trophy Hunter. I want a proper one piece rail. The two piece just isn't right. What's everyone using? I don't need the scope any higher and the stock eye relief is just about right so I don't need anything "custom". Also, I noticed the scope rings are rather cheap, rough looking and only have two screws per ring. Also, I hate big knobs on the side of the ring bases, I'd rather see a couple of machine screws or socket head screws. I know this isn't a pretty gun but some things need to at least look precision for me to be happy. Lol!!

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu279/WranglerWayne/20150710_061847_zpss1ycr5l0.jpg

devildogandboy
07-10-2015, 09:46 AM
i uuse the EGW rails and have had good luck with them and i have been using Warne rings. there's quite a few good manuffactures out there.

Bruce

Wicasa
07-10-2015, 10:21 AM
I use a Warne Picatinny steel rail and Warne steel rings for my old long flat back action:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/10.07.15/tfqahy9ukggx.jpg (http://www.pic-upload.de/view-27637690/image.jpg.html)

J.Baker
07-10-2015, 10:49 AM
EGW or Warne rail.

As for scope rings, two screws is all you need. I actually laugh at those who think they need more, apparently they have a lot of spare time to spend tighting a bunch of unnecessary extra screws. I don't own a single ring with more than one screw per side and I've never had an issue with scope movement. I run the Burris Signature Zee rings 95% of the time, and the DNZ Products base/ring combo or Vortex Hunter rings when I need a 30mm ring height that Burris doesn't offer.

Ironfinger
07-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Looks like Warne for me then. Thanks guys!

Bimmer
07-11-2015, 10:12 AM
i uuse the EGW rails and have had good luck with them and i have been using Warne rings.

Me, too. The EGW rail came with my 10 FCP-SR. I have four sets of Warne rings in use on various guns...

olddav
07-11-2015, 11:32 PM
If height is a concern then consider the Weaver #413 scope rail. It is the lowest one piece rail that I am aware of, and cheap too.I have one on my hunting rifle (110 in 30-06).

Ironfinger
07-14-2015, 08:49 PM
If height is a concern then consider the Weaver #413 scope rail. It is the lowest one piece rail that I am aware of, and cheap too.I have one on my hunting rifle (110 in 30-06).

Yes, height is an issue. I like the stock height of the scope as it came from the manf.. Looking at Warne, they are a bit spendy so I figure I'll go with something else. I'll check the Weaver #113. I prefer steel but I guess alum. would work, is the Weaver steel?

olddav
07-14-2015, 10:03 PM
The Weaver is alum.
I did suggest the Weaver #413 but it is for a flat back receiver. I don't know what Weaver base is for the round back. Sorry!

BR Dominator
07-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Most high quality rings and bases, Farrell, Nightforce, Warne, etc., and made of steel. If you are only hunting with this rifle aluminum will probably suffice. Your action appears to be a long action, i.e. heavy caliber. Huge stress on rings and bases. Manufacturers of aluminum bases recommend against using steel rings. When it comes to scopes, rings and bases, going the cheap route many times doesn't pay. It really depends on what your "needs" are.