PDA

View Full Version : Lumley carbon fiber bolt handle

4beark9
07-09-2015, 11:27 PM
I just got a Lumley carbon fibet bolt handle in the mail. First of all it is very light, it is a similar design to Badger bolt knob and is about 1/2" longer than the factory round target handle/knob . It is very light (Ultra Light) and looks really nice. I do not know how durable this will be as the handle is adfixed to the bolt housing by alumium bolt. I also have a Extream Hard Core Gear bolt knob on it's way as it looks to be super tuff (Unbreakable). Now for my tale of the day I had a great day at the Sac Shooting center 3/8" group out of my Model !0 custom 308, 185 VLD's. Now if I can figure how to post pics from my Ipad that would be awsome.

scooterf79
07-10-2015, 12:26 AM
I use photobucket on my android and it works good. Theres a sticky explaining how to do it in the pic post section. Gotta get the pics up so we can see! 😉
Scooter

WinnieTheBoom
07-10-2015, 01:34 AM
I have the Lumley CF bolt handle on my .338 and I love it. Even more so than the 110 BA and basically any other aftermarket option (i've tried most of them). Makes the action super easy to operate for quick action work or just overall grip. Have had mine for about 6 months, still looks like the day that I bought it.

4beark9
07-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Nice, I just received a Extream Hard Core Gear Carbon Steel Bolt handle. It is shorter than the Lumley. I installed it and the bolt cycled smoother. It appears that the longer Lumley acts as a lever which adds latteral pressure/drag causing the bolt to bind a bit when moving the bolt to the rear. The Lumley is a sweet looking bolt handle, nice fit and finish, but I bought the rifle to hunt with. I have invested $1900 in the model 10 Precision Carbine project (Bell/Carlson M40 stock, Timney trigger, Seekins rings/20 MOA base, Burris XTR II 2-10X42 and JP muzzle break. In the end I have a rifle that cuts 3/8" groups. **** I forgot the TUBB fire laping kit which did help as originaly the rifle shot a 3" group with 185 VLD's, Now 3/8" and hardly any copper fouling. Over all I was and am still impressed with Savage rifles.