PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions on Striker triggers?

rjtfroggy
07-04-2015, 11:56 AM
I have the trigger with the linkage and am wondering if changing the wire spring will lighten the trigger pull, or if any other adjustments or even after market triggers will work? Is there a article or you tube video on this?
Also how about safety adjustments because this one has no safety. Put safety on gun still fires but it does lock the bolt so it can not be re cocked.
Trigger pull as it is right now is 4lbs. would like to get it down just under 2lbs. so it can be used both for target and maybe some hunting but I can't do anything until I figure out what is wrong with the safety.
If you are wondering it is a BSAK 260 Rem., and as it sits right now shoots like crap off a bench rest set up.

Jamie
07-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Sounds like someone adjust the safety screws trying to do a trigger job on it. Keep in mind there is a roller setup and a pivot type setup for these. Check out the links bellow for pictures and instructions.

http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek083.html

rjtfroggy
07-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the links but neither are for Strikers.

No one has one or has never tried to adjust one?

Jamie
07-10-2015, 08:14 AM
I have done about 10 of them and can show you, just can't explain it well. It is very difficult to get a consistent 2# trigger on a Striker. more than likely the stock near the rear screw will be rubbing on the linkage as well. s usual, when it comes to triggers, you are on your own, these can be very unsafe if adjusted too light.

From Larry.

"If this a 1st gen, make sure the rear roller is free to rotate and smooth (i.e. no rust) before you start.

After that, adjust take-up at front of trigger shoe with screw to tighten to the point of trigger will not set, than back off about 1/2 turn or so. Lock down with a dab of fingernail polish to threads.

Adjust let off pressure with screw at sear release. Turn in until sear will not set, now back off about 3/4 turn.

Cock and hit action on top of table on rear and make sure it won't AD.

Lock with fingernail polish and take to range for testing.

Also, adjust spring pressure until trigger will not hold, than tighten down about 1 full turn. And/or repalce with lighter wire and tighten again.

You should have a trigger that is crisp with about a 2 lb break. IF AD occurs, take sear screw out more and/or spring tension add more.

A trigger job can be done, if your gunsmith knows how to polish the sear and transfer bar faces parallel and shiny.

Striker trigger is not rocket science, but take your time and you can get a nice crisp trigger from the factory."

rjtfroggy
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Jamie sorry I did not come back sooner, thanks for the info. I have put this away for now it is BR season, will take it out in late fall and try again.