View Full Version : New 12 LRPV 6 BR Accuracy issue

Pages : 1 [2]

Ranger3
07-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Just as an update, I called Savage this a.m. and started explaining some of the problems, finish work on inside of receiver and inside chamber and mentioned my accuracy issues, didn't get to finish when the Save person told me we want the gun back. So it's going back to Savage tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what happens, our local sporting goods store says Savage is great at taking care of this sort of thing. Thanks to all of you for your input.

jerry shaw
07-16-2015, 06:05 PM
I had a problem with a new .260 LRPV this spring. Short version of the story - I returned it to Savage at their request. They sent me a new rifle a couple of weeks later. They seem to be improving in terms of dealing with customers.

foxx
07-16-2015, 06:42 PM
Keep us posted, for sure.

SGT_A-RAY223
07-22-2015, 10:54 AM
The two Savages I bought both needed gone through after I picked them up from my FFL. One just needed the action screws re-torqued to specs, the other was a Mod 11 TH XP, and not only did the action screws need to be torqued properly, but the base and rings were both loose. Definitely do as stated above, get load data and work up to find a load for YOUR rifle, and go ahead and eliminate other issues by making sure your base and rings are torqued correctly, the scope is leveled, and that the action screws are to the proper specs.

Ranger3
08-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Just thought I'd let you know got my 12 LRPV 6 BR back from Savage yesterday, it was only gone 3 weeks. They polished out the inside of the receiver and tested it for accuracy with Lapua 105 Scenar's and got a .6" group at 100 yds. They don't say much else but have a list of things they checked. Now I'll have to get a scope back on it and go out again. Hopefully I can get it to shoot something besides Lapua. also I am hoping for something better than .6 on a 6br. My 22-250 LRPV shoots better than that with 3 different bullets.

Mozella
08-11-2015, 10:00 AM
................my 223 shoots 80 gr. AMAX'S IN the same hole at 200 yards and is very respectable even at 800 yds. ....................

Wow............. that there is some danged good shootin'.

foxx
08-11-2015, 10:45 AM
I agree, Ranger. It probably will once you find the right combination of bullets and powder, etc. And I'd be disappointed if it didn't.

Ranger3
08-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Ok I finally got to shoot my 6BR LRPV after it came back from Savage, I shot several of the same loads I had shot before and a couple of new ones. I also shot some 87VMAX and 105 Berger Hybrid's. It loved the 87 VMAX's with one group in the .3's with a flyer making it .5. It actually seems to like the 105 AMAX's now which it didn't previously. Shot some 3 shot groups (105 AMAX) for testing with 2 shots in the .1's and also shot ok with the 105 Bergers. The Bergers need more work as do the 105 AMAX's. What ever all Savage did to this rifle certainly made it a much better gun. It was only gone 3 weeks. I'm very happy with Savage Service.

foxx
08-26-2015, 10:44 AM
"That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh..."