PDA

View Full Version : Replaceing the tupperware on my Model 11

pyscodog
07-02-2015, 12:02 PM
I want to replace the cheapo stock on my model 11. It has the bottom bolt release and the detachable mag. I have been looking at the Boyd's Pro Varmint and the TH Varmint. Both are for a blind mag. I have been told that with a little dremmel work, either of these should work. Do away with the dbm and just convert to center feed and dremmel out for the bottom bolt release. I figured someone here has already tried or has done it. Like to know for sure before I buy a stock I can't use. Thanks in advance!!

Luke45
07-02-2015, 12:05 PM
ya you can make most work. you can also get a DMB boyds stock for BBR and just take the plastic magazine well out of your old stock (if its not integral) and put it in the boyds and that works too. i also have some left over blind mag centerfeed parts(mag box, ect) if you go that rout just PM me if you want them

devildogandboy
07-02-2015, 02:33 PM
have you considered the B&C M40 tactical style stock. it will take a varmint contour barrel, has a full length aluminum bedding and is set up for the BDM in either top or bottom bolt release. around $250-270 they are a great buy! http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42410-B-amp-C-Medalist-for-Model-10-with-bottom-bolt-release-amp-factory-DBM

Bruce

pyscodog
07-02-2015, 02:39 PM
ya you can make most work. you can also get a DMB boyds stock for BBR and just take the plastic magazine well out of your old stock (if its not integral) and put it in the boyds and that works too. i also have some left over blind mag centerfeed parts(mag box, ect) if you go that rout just PM me if you want them

Mine has the integral well. I would have to go to Savage for all the metal parts. I shoot single shot mostly so the dbm is really not that important to me.

devildogandboy
07-02-2015, 02:51 PM
pyscodog, yours does not look like the first pic in the link? i have the model 11 also with the bottom bolt release and detachable mag. i didn't replace anything but the stock, used all the factory parts.

Bruce

strike that, mine is the model 16.

tper75296
09-01-2015, 01:40 PM
here is how to do this right with a boyd's stock, if you are interested: https://landngroove.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/savage-trophy-hunter-xp-260-rem-update/comment-page-1/#comment-27

FW Conch
09-01-2015, 03:24 PM
psycodog, this is your chance to go single shot all the way!

Magazines are for lead slingers.

JMHO ... :-))