PDA

View Full Version : SSS Comp trigger in extreme weather

pepper savage 111
07-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Anyone have experience with the SSS Comp trigger in sub-freezing teperatures? Does it still operate properly?

Scalian
07-02-2015, 12:17 AM
I used mine in the late January antler less season here in IOWA for a few years until they got rid of it. There was a lot of walking and hiking around in temps in the single digits and when the time came everything went bang.

BillPa
07-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Anyone have experience with the SSS Comp trigger in sub-freezing teperatures? Does it still operate properly?

In my 55 years (YIKES!) hunting I have yet to have problem one with any trigger in cold weather, Remington triggers included. The trouble, no one seems to think routinely cleaning a trigger is important or even required. We'll often see procedures/equipment for cleaning a barrel but seldom if ever anything about a trigger.

I've seen triggers so gunked up with a mixture of oil and other assorted crud a Pa coal mine was squeaky clean in comparison. That mixture of goop will stiffen up like road tar on a cold day. Every year I hear at least one or two "It worked in July"(???). Just a simple flushing with Ronson or Zippo lighter fluid will keep a trigger working as it should.

Bill