PDA

View Full Version : Saw a NICE Savage today!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

pdog06
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
well, I know they make one of these in a 308, cause I just found some info when I did a google search on the part number Carvera gave me. So we'll see if my dealer can get one. I think I gotta have it.

heres the numbers I found.

pt# caliber
18848 = .223
18849 = 22-250
18850 = .243
18851 = .308
18852 = .270
18853 = 30-06

lostart
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes, Yes you do need it!

You can buy that .243 and send it to me as well ;D

whit
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Who's your dealer? I live in Lebanon. That thumbhole with the stainless is sweet looking but Savage doesn't offer the thumbhole in Left hand. I just ordered a 116flcss through Savage and am buying through Shyda's for $30 less than the list price Effie quoted me.

pdog06
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Mmmmm, Shydas. Love that place ;D. Id really be in trouble(and probably divorced) if I lived that close to them.
:D
I live south of lancaster and go to a couple down this way. My normal dealer is just a local True Value hardware store that has an outdoor section, but they have over 150 pistols and 75 rifles on display, and atleast that many more in their safe in the back. If I do a special order on anything they have a flat mark-up that makes it cheaper than all the other local dealers in the area on almost everything I order.

If you live in Lebanon then you should look into coming up to the Pa Shoot were having on June 26th. Should be about 15-20 members from this forum attending. Check out the info in the Pa Shootout thread in the Shootout section, and let me or Pahog know if you are gonna come. Itll be a great time.

Pete K.
06-04-2010, 03:06 AM
UJ she isn't a spender. She has gift cards on her dresser that are 2 1/2-3 years old, the only time I worry is when she sees a shoe store. What is it with women and shoes.

Roger,
It really is no secret regarding women and shoes. It is kind of like you looking for a rifle that will always group into one tiny little hole, is very attractive and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Women search for a shoe that will look just right with a certain outfit, price doesn't matter, must be comfortable even though five toes must fit in a space just large enough for three, has a tall heal to slim and make the rear of the leg attractive and is very comfortable. They don't make one for her and they don't make one for you either but you keep on looking and buying because that is what we do.
I hope this explanation will help you understand the compulsion women have with shoes.

Best regards,

Pete K. ;D

Harriershot
06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
This reply is to Salvo, sorry for hijacking this thread. Salvo did you get that work bench through Grizzly.com and what do you think of it. It looks really nice.
Thanks
Charlie.

Salvo
06-04-2010, 06:17 PM
This reply is to Salvo, sorry for hijacking this thread. Salvo did you get that work bench through Grizzly.com and what do you think of it. It looks really nice.
Thanks
Charlie.

It's OK, but it really needs more rigidity end-to-end. Note that I have a heavy vise bolted to it, that's where it proved to be too shakey. - A piece of 5/8" marine plywood mounted ( glued and screwed ) at the length of the legs across the back side, opposite the drawers would fix that problem, making it as solid as a rock.

The heavy top and the drawers worked out well. The table is well worth the bucks involved.

Back on topic: My next custom order will be for a Classic stock with a stainless steel barreled action. That ought to be a real beauty.

bobcat30
06-10-2010, 02:44 AM
.243s take care of Black bears also!
What bullets do you use to kill black bear with a .243?

hank440
06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
UJ she isn't a spender. She has gift cards on her dresser that are 2 1/2-3 years old, the only time I worry is when she sees a shoe store. What is it with women and shoes.

Roger,
It really is no secret regarding women and shoes. It is kind of like you looking for a rifle that will always group into one tiny little hole, is very attractive and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Women search for a shoe that will look just right with a certain outfit, price doesn't matter, must be comfortable even though five toes must fit in a space just large enough for three, has a tall heal to slim and make the rear of the leg attractive and is very comfortable. They don't make one for her and they don't make one for you either but you keep on looking and buying because that is what we do.
I hope this explanation will help you understand the compulsion women have with shoes.

Best regards,

Pete K. ;D

TMI ;D I think Pete knows a little toooo much about women's shoes :o

Blue Avenger
06-10-2010, 09:51 PM
.243s take care of Black bears also!
What bullets do you use to kill black bear with a .243?
biggest you can get, Bosses wife used to use her savage 99 for everything.

lostart
06-11-2010, 12:10 AM
So, PDog did you buy this yet? I'm curious about it and would like to see some pics and also give you some peer pressure..............Buy IT

pdog06
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
No, I didnt buy it. I thought about it all weekend and thought Id get more hunting use out of a shotgun since it is "shotgun only" where I mostly hunt, so I bought a Savage 220 camo slug gun instead. I wanted one of these anyway, so figured Id just get it now.

I did have my dealer check on the 16 classic though, and where he gets his guns from had a few in stock, and I could have gotten it for $599, which is a great deal. I may still get one of these down the road though, after I sell off my older slug gun.

Pretty sure my dealer is gonna get one of these in to put in the showroom, just to add a little pressure to me ::).

lostart
06-11-2010, 09:31 AM
That is a great deal