PDA

View Full Version : DBM bottom metal ?

bronco2
06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
will the aftermarket 10rd clips fit my standard savage dbm bottom with some work?

lrshooting
06-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Depends on the magazine?

You cant fit a AICS 10 rounder in a savage DBM, etc. The work itd take to modify your dbm to do such would be cost prohibitive I would think unless you just have a mill laying around, a welder capable of doing aluminum, and other such pieces depending on how savage DBMs are designed.

I dont know what the specs are on them so I couldn't tell you how much metal would need to be taken or added. My gun originally just had a plastic hook on the stock that the magazine clipped into. Now it has a Pacific Tool and Gauge DBM that will accept 10 round AICS mags.

You may think about doing that. Depending on your gun, you can get a 10 round mag and bottom metal set for about 140$. The mags alone are 80$ :eek: I think for a 10 round mag, short action DBM with bottom bolt release for 308, it was 220$ total. But thats because having a bottom bolt release and using steel 308 mags adds some cost.

bronco2
06-29-2015, 07:07 PM
ok, thank you very much for taking the time to help me..

greyghost
06-30-2015, 08:18 AM
I ordered the Accurate Mag bottom metal and mag for 210.00 it fit perfect, The mag works flawlessly just be sure they send you the longer screws or go to the hardware store and get them, It accepts accurate mag and Aics mags. Very happy with it, Good luck

bronco2
06-30-2015, 12:20 PM
ok, thank you sir

foxx
07-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Best (and proper) way to solicit those from members is by becoming a paid member and posting a WTB ad in the classifieds. The other option is to contact Savage Customer Service. They sell them direct from the factory.

homer76
07-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Depends on the magazine?

You cant fit a AICS 10 rounder in a savage DBM, etc. The work itd take to modify your dbm to do such would be cost prohibitive I would think unless you just have a mill laying around, a welder capable of doing aluminum, and other such pieces depending on how savage DBMs are designed.

I dont know what the specs are on them so I couldn't tell you how much metal would need to be taken or added. My gun originally just had a plastic hook on the stock that the magazine clipped into. Now it has a Pacific Tool and Gauge DBM that will accept 10 round AICS mags.

You may think about doing that. Depending on your gun, you can get a 10 round mag and bottom metal set for about 140$. The mags alone are 80$ :eek: I think for a 10 round mag, short action DBM with bottom bolt release for 308, it was 220$ total. But thats because having a bottom bolt release and using steel 308 mags adds some cost.

How difficult was it to install the PTG DBM? I have been trying to find a review but there is not a lot of information out there. I even tried e-mailing PTG for information and they never got back to me.

missed
07-03-2015, 08:55 AM
How difficult was it to install the PTG DBM? I have been trying to find a review but there is not a lot of information out there. I even tried e-mailing PTG for information and they never got back to me.
Does your rifle currently have a drop box? If it does it makes things easier as you already have a reference point.

I have not specifically put in a ptg, but the CDI needs about 0.050" cut on each side. I do mine on a mill, but if you take your time a rotary tool and sand paper should get the job done. I also set my magazines where the feed lips are just below the bolt when the magazine is jammed up as far as it would go.

lrshooting
07-03-2015, 01:33 PM

I haven't personally put mine in yet. I just got it last week. Im waiting on the replacement AICS mag since they sent me a AW. Once I get that done, I plan on starting work on the stock. It's an McM A5, but the process should be the same for any stock.

Like I said though, it might be a bit and even though I plan on using a go pro and my phone (s5 takes better picture than a camera), ill document the entire build and you would be able to see it then. I doubt you wanna wait that long though. It could be a month.

lrshooting
07-03-2015, 01:34 PM

Oh, and don't try emailing ptg. If you wanna get a hold of them, you need to call. They are usually quick to answer and they will send you too the correct department.

PMGO
09-14-2015, 01:37 AM
I am converting a Stevens 200 SA (centerfeed) into a DBM. I am going with a Boyd's Featherweight Thumbhole Stock. I would like the option to put 10 round mags in it and have been looking at the Pacific Tool and Gauge Stealth bottom metal:

http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=308_129_230&products_id=9137 (http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=308_129_230&products_id=9137)

I understand the PTG will accept AICS Mags. Will the PTG bottom metal accept Ruger Gunsite Scout Mags as well? Also, I assume I don't need the bolt release option, since I have the bolt release on the top right of the receiver?

PMGO
09-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Anyone?

Roach_68
09-15-2015, 07:54 AM
I can't answer the scout mag question but if you order it with no bolt release it'll come smooth sided with no cut out for the bottom bolt release

PMGO
09-18-2015, 12:58 AM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319152100/magpul-pmag-ac-magazine-aics-short-action-308-winchester-polymer-black
Anyone used the Magpul 7.62 AC mag in the PTG bottom metal?

missed
09-18-2015, 06:27 AM
The mag pul AICS are not out yet

PMGO
10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
I ordered the Accurate Mag bottom metal and mag for 210.00 it fit perfect, The mag works flawlessly just be sure they send you the longer screws or go to the hardware store and get them, It accepts accurate mag and Aics mags. Very happy with it, Good luck
Did the DBM fit right into your stock, or did you have to inlet the stock?