PDA

View Full Version : Mcmllen

Lorenzo
06-26-2015, 10:13 PM
can we have a mcmillen thread? I don't have one myself but am debating on whether or not it is worth the extra cheddar over a bell and carlson.

lrshooting
06-28-2015, 01:19 PM
can we have a mcmillen thread? I don't have one myself but am debating on whether or not it is worth the extra cheddar over a bell and carlson.
Well, from what I can tell already, I like it. Comfortable, super stiff, ect. I got mine as a flat top stock to save dough so I need to get my stuff ready and start work on it. It's the final and most important piece to my puzzle as far as what I'm doing custom. Barrel swap with shilen was cake

Lorenzo
06-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Well, from what I can tell already, I like it. Comfortable, super stiff, ect. I got mine as a flat top stock to save dough so I need to get my stuff ready and start work on it. It's the final and most important piece to my puzzle as far as what I'm doing custom. Barrel swap with shilen was cake
How much was it as a flat top? I saw on their site in letting fully for the action costs around 500$. I also saw the stocks for 800$. Does this mean total it will cost 1300$?

lrshooting
06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
363$ or something like that. That's with shipping and tax. The stock itself is 338$. I didn't want to pay the extra 200 to have it inletted when I can do it with a router and hand tools to finish for just my time. I'm patient, so even tho cnc machining would be better time wise, it's not any better of a job unless I mess up. I think I figured it up once for bedding, pillars, integral cheek piece, butt plate, etc, and it was gonna be like 1200$ I think. Maybe that's off, but I know I wasn't paying for that