PDA

View Full Version : New to the group

Kdawg
06-24-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm Kevin, my friends call me Kdawg. I'm a private investigator & an avid hunter who loves Savage rifles. I currently have a 5 Savages. I have the 110BA in .338 Lapua, the Model 10 Precision Carbine in .223, two other Model 10 Precision Carbines, both in .308 & I also have a 110 in .30-06 built by JB Weaponry in NY. While I have other firearms, I just love how all my Savage rifles shoot right out of the box & I've yet to experience any failures with any of them. My main reason for joining this group is to learn more about extreme long range shooting with my .338 Lapua. It's currently sitting on an Atlas PSR, along with the rear Accu-Shot monopod, I've added the Cold-Shot 150 MOAB mount to the standard 20 moa rail, along with medium Badger 34mm rings to hold my Tactical Elite 4.5-30x50 scope w/Horus H-37 reticle, I also have the Horus cosine & the recon scope bubble level. I'm shooting Federal 300gr BTHP MatchKing Match ammo for now, but intend to reload in the future. Although, my first goal is just 1,000 yards, I wanted to build this rifle so it is capable of 1+ mile shooting, with the hopes that one day I'll be able to make 1 mile a reasonable goal. I'm wondering if anyone has attempted any modifications to the long open slot under the forearm of the stock, between the mag well & the swivel mount? I was considering mounting a "Rifle Railz" & "Loc Jaw" device, or something similar, for direct mounting to a tripod & wondered if anyone has already attempted this with results they would care to share?

drybean
06-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the site

Hotolds442
06-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Welcome!

Rick_W
06-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Welcome