PDA

View Full Version : Sorting LC Brass

Uncle Jack
05-25-2010, 09:03 AM
When sorting brass I tend to throw all Win in a pile and all Remington in a pile and all the PMC in a pile, but when sorting military LC brass I start getting picky and start sorting by years...06, 94, 90, etc.

This morning I had a brain phart......is there really any difference in LC brass?

uj

Balljoint
05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
i don't know why but when i was shooting my 06 X/C would sort my match brass into different boxes Lake City in one and Frankford Arsenal into an other still have some FA match left in a ammo can

Eric in NC
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
I have found a difference in lots of 06 surplus (even within the same year from the same plant) if you sort by weight.

But that is also the same for Rem, Win, etc. (1970 Winchester 223 is probably not going to be the same as 2010!) so if you are only sorting by manufacturer, I don't think you need to bother sorting by year.

dcloco
05-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes...there definitely is.

Currently, new LC brass is Federal.

Depends on who has the contract of running the plant.

stimpylu32
05-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Over all , I haven't found any more difference between lots of LC brass than I do with lots of say Rem. or Win. , they all very some .

Some of the older LC case's do seam to have a bit less case capisity compaired to the newer com. stuff though .

stimpy