PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE with re-barreled 6.5 Creedmore

scamp62
06-21-2015, 06:57 PM
I have a problem that I hoping that the brain trust here will be able to help me with !
I have a Model 10 that was 22-250, and I re-barreled it to 6.5 Creedmore, Shoots great !! but !! I bull the bolt back, and the empty cartage is left laying in the action (it is out of the chamber) ??? if I keep my finger on the body of the empty cartage as I cycle action I can extract the empty, with out fishing it out of the action……. Any suggestions ?

scooterf79
06-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Sounds like your ejector isnt working right. Did you remove it to set your headspace? Some people do, some dont. If so, maybe you didn't get it put back together correctly. The spring could be stuck or broken. Just something to check into.
Scooter

GaCop
06-22-2015, 05:17 AM
Sometimes a larger detent ball (.140) under the extractor helps.

BillPa
06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Another thing to look at are the corners of the lug race in the receiver ring. Typically they're machined square to a point which tends to grab and rip a case out of the extractor especially a 250 improved case, essentially what the CM is. If you stick a pinky in there you can feel it. A tell tale sign is a thin scratch maybe < 1/8" long on the case body just behind the top of the shoulder, the body diameter at that point is larger than the lug race height.

The fix? Knock off both corners to a compound 45, top to bottom-front to back.

Bill

scamp62
06-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Thank you gentelmen for the suggestions
I will check my rifle with all of this information in my back pocket !!!
Will let you know the outcome