PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a feeding problem

Stoneybroke
06-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi folks. I'm new here and have some questions about my model 11 FCNS in .223. I am a long-time handloader and I figured the model 11 would make a good walking varmit rifle or truck gun. Rifle twist is 1 in 9", so the rifle should handle heavier bullets. Scope is a Nitrex 3-15x. 52 and 53 grain Sierra HPBT match shoot into .3 moa regulary, but I'm still trying to get good accuracy with heavier bullets. My biggest gripe with this rifle is rough feeding. If I work the bolt like I'm trying to break somehting, the rifle feeds ok, but it is really erratic if I try to be gentle. Can anyone give me the detachable magazine part number, and a good source? I'd like to try another mag before i go through the hassle of sending the rifle into Savage.

Hotolds442
06-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Call Savage Customer Service and inform them that you've got a magazine issue, they will most likely send you a new one. If not, have your rifle serial number handy, and order the magazine box, follower, and bottom plate seperately. It'll save you about $15 off the price of one that's already assembled. Time to assemble: 2 minutes or less.