PDA

View Full Version : Chassis recommendation...

Pages : [1] 2

Kkern
06-16-2015, 07:49 AM
I'm contemplating a chassis to replace the Accustock on my 10FCP-SR...this would be a first time venture for me. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of "disposable income" .....so "best bang for the buck" is the determining factor.
This MPA Gen II chassis caught my eye, listed at $875 on their website. Has anyone here bought or had any experience with this product ? All comments are welcome.
Thanks...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/16/73085e190c34b7fcd93e85b123caf032.jpg

Kkern
06-16-2015, 07:55 AM
Here is the link to MPA website.

http://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-chassis/#

rdog52
06-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Had not heard of them. I've been trying to find a chassis for a Savage LA. This looks very interesting. Thanks for the link.
Randy

bani
06-16-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm contemplating a chassis to replace the Accustock on my 10FCP-SR...this would be a first time venture for me. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of "disposable income" .....so "best bang for the buck" is the determining factor.
This MPA Gen II chassis caught my eye, listed at $875 on their website. Has anyone here bought or had any experience with this product ? All comments are welcome.
Thanks...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/16/73085e190c34b7fcd93e85b123caf032.jpg

bang for the buck? easy. mdt lss.

http://mdttac.com/lss-chassis-system.html

next would be the xlr element.

http://www.xlrindustries.com/Element-chassis.html

LoneWolf
06-17-2015, 08:42 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/17/95fe142c130f1db39a5f61606fe4c5a1.jpg

Here's my ARC Mausingfield action chambered in 243Win on an Element chassis. Love it! After I made the move and got it set up right I wish I had moved to a Chassis a long time ago.

Kkern
06-17-2015, 09:23 AM
@ LoneWolf....that's a nice looking setup. Is that the "tactical" buttstock ? The current list price is $685 if I'm looking at the correct model.

Kkern
06-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Oops...sorry...$635

LoneWolf
06-17-2015, 09:25 AM
That's the tac lite stock, but I have the adjustable piece as an add on. Also have the folding adapter.

Kkern
06-17-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm also wondering about the LOP adjustment on the AR style tube....is it just "friction lock" thru a clamp ? Is there some type of guide to hold and keep the buttstock from "rolling" ? Also is the buttstock tube hollow or solid ?

LoneWolf
06-17-2015, 09:39 AM
I haven't removed it to verify, but the stock will not roll. It's got 5 or 6 bolts holding the clamp system together. I shoot this rifle in tactical matches running all over the place, shooting off barriers, and numerous obstacles. I have never had any problems. XLR builds a great chassis system and has some of the best customer service I've experienced in the industry. They answered every question I had and spoke on the phone for a good 30min with a film understanding of their product.

Kkern
06-17-2015, 09:42 AM
@ bani....looking at the MDT LSS....basic price o $399 doesn't look bad...but then you have to add buttstock, tube, grip, pic rails, etc....depending on what you would use, such as Magpul PRS, then your getting pretty close to $800....

Kkern
06-17-2015, 09:52 AM
I haven't removed it to verify, but the stock will not roll. It's got 5 or 6 bolts holding the clamp system together. I shoot this rifle in tactical matches running all over the place, shooting off barriers, and numerous obstacles. I have never had any problems. XLR builds a great chassis system and has some of the best customer service I've experienced in the industry. They answered every question I had and spoke on the phone for a good 30min with a film understanding of their product.

Thanks LoneWolf......I won't be doing any tactile matches.....I done got too "old" to be runnin' around and shootin'.....LOL !! I still like to shoot from the prone...but here lately that's becoming more difficult.....I can get down o.k......it's the gettin' up part that's killin' me...HAH !

LoneWolf
06-17-2015, 04:43 PM
You know I have shot this Chassis in all kinds of positions at this point. It's been comfortable every time, in every position. Balances a long barrel very nicely too. Mine is 27" plus the brake.

clintsrv
06-17-2015, 10:06 PM
The MDT LSS chassis is cost effective if you have a few boxes full of spare AR parts already in inventory.
I had one and it was solid but the forearm was a little to short for my preference.

bani
06-18-2015, 03:38 AM
just a note, if you get the folding stock adapter for the XLR, you WILL need to request the shorter buffer tube.

also, ditching the 10 FCP accustock means you will need higher scope rings because you no longer have any drop at the comb.

also (x2), the xlr stocks are not quick adjustable like a magpul prs or other precision stock. you need a hex wrench to do it in the field, and it can take a while.

xlr customer service is definitely first rate and their product is solid.

MDTcorp
06-18-2015, 10:44 AM
The MDT LSS chassis is cost effective if you have a few boxes full of spare AR parts already in inventory.
I had one and it was solid but the forearm was a little to short for my preference.
The LSS-XL (released recently) is a version of the LSS chassis with a longer fore-end. (And designed for fixed buttstocks)

clintsrv
06-18-2015, 10:47 AM
The LSS-XL (released recently) is a version of the LSS chassis with a longer fore-end. (And designed for fixed buttstocks)

That's good to know.

Kkern
06-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Well, after several hours of reading the web-stores of MPA,MDT & XLS and comparing features and price, I have decided on the MPA Gen II. The long and the short of it is, the MPA Gen II is a complete chassis with buttstock, included rail sections, front bridge/rail plus monopod. To get a "comparable" chassis from MDT or XLS, you will have to "gather up" the needed parts/accessories and after all is tallied up, your looking at $5 to $20 difference and this is not including the monopod.
Thanks for everyone's input and comments. I plan to order the MPA within the next week or so and I will be posting up my comments and photos of the project.....thanks again to all !!

LoneWolf
06-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Cool I considered the MPA, but decided on the XLR because of the machined bedding block over the V-Block. I think price has come down a bit on the MPA since I looked maybe, but I came out with the XLR being a bit less when I made the decision

MDTcorp
06-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Well, after several hours of reading the web-stores of MPA,MDT & XLS and comparing features and price, I have decided on the MPA Gen II. The long and the short of it is, the MPA Gen II is a complete chassis with buttstock, included rail sections, front bridge/rail plus monopod. To get a "comparable" chassis from MDT or XLS, you will have to "gather up" the needed parts/accessories and after all is tallied up, your looking at $5 to $20 difference and this is not including the monopod.
Thanks for everyone's input and comments. I plan to order the MPA within the next week or so and I will be posting up my comments and photos of the project.....thanks again to all !!
With the LSS you also get the V-block. Guaranteed accuracy improvement. You'll be done for about $700 with a good buttstock like the Magpul CTR