PDA

View Full Version : AccuTrigger Problem

PinTail1955
06-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Just pick up a savage 10T.Took the auction off the stock to give it a good cleaning.There was a c-clip missing on the trigger pin. Put the stock back on put in a snap cap.If you slam the bolt shut it will go off.When you turn the trigger all the way down on the lite side it will not hold. Sent savage email over a week ago nothing yet.Dont know if they have that big of a back log.I think I will just put in a after market trigger and not wait on them.I have a SSS in my stevens and its great.My buddy says wait on savage and see what they will do.

devildogandboy
06-14-2015, 06:58 PM
i would give Savage a chance to make it right also. at least to let them know their screwing up. give them a call if you can. in the past they would return emails in a couple of days at most, don't know about these days. good luck!

Bruce

PinTail1955
06-14-2015, 07:13 PM
I will see how work goes this week maybe I will have a chance to call.I want to get some trigger time on it.Have a ken farrell 20 moa mount,farrell low rings leupold mark 4 4.5x14 mil-dot on it.

foxx
06-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Sometimes the accutrigger won't hold on its lowest setting if you slam the bolt down hard. I can't tell you why, but they are all different. I've had and adjusted literally DOZENS. Maybe 50 of those they would call their standard hunting style, maybe 10 of the Varmint models. They are not real consistent in regards to how low they will go or how low they will go without "malfunctioning" when slamming the bolt shut. Generally speaking, though, if you can get the spring turned to a point it will go below 2 lbs, it can slip off the sear when slamming the bolt down. Sometimes you can't get the spring to adjust below 3 lbs. In that case, you can replace the spring with what they call a Varmint spring, but even then it is likely to slip off the sear when slamming the bolt closed if you set it below 2 lbs (or maybe 1.5 lbs, not sure). My point is, they are all different, but none of them are designed to NOT slip below 1.5 or 2 lbs. THe Target Accutrigger is supposed to be able to be set below 1.5 lbs, but the sear and trigger engagement are different. They HAVE to be so as to hold properly.

I would suggest you check the poundage when set as low as you can get it and be sure it's not going lower than 1.5-2 lbs before calling and complaining. Not because you shouldn't complain, but because you want to be able to say, "I have it set for 2.5 (or 3, or 4) lbs and it slips off the sear when closing the bolt hard." If, on the other hand, you find that yours just happens to let you set it below 1.5 or 2 pounds and it slips, the "fix" is simply to not set it so low. and, f that's the case, be glad, in all likelihood you have a good trigger, It will be sensitive and crisp when turned up properly, Just don't expect it not to slip when set so low.

PinTail1955
06-14-2015, 08:28 PM
I did not adjust the trigger when I took the the stock off the first time it was still set what the factory had set it.If you shut it hard it would not hold.When you would set it on the lite side just closing the bolt it would not hold.I have other accutriggers no problem.Its going hard to trust this one.

foxx
06-14-2015, 08:51 PM
Can you send /post pics of the sear and the trigger engagement surfaces? If it did not leave the factory at too low of a setting, then it sounds like it is worn or not engaging properly. Still, if you can, check the poundage. "Factory setting" is kinda meaningless. They can leave there at nearly any setting. They should check for safe operation, but that doesn't mean it wasn't set too low when it left the factory.