PDA

View Full Version : Part numbers for bolt assembly screw (no cocking indicator)

missed
06-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I am thinking about converting both my rifles that have cocking indicators. If I ditch the cocking indicators I can put the bolt lift kits in them.

I need to get

Bolt assembly screw
Cocking sleeve
Pin that goes through the sleeve

Hotolds442
06-14-2015, 08:56 PM
That's correct as long as none of them have the one piece Axis style firing pin.

missed
06-14-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm about to say screw it and just machine the existing parts I have and try it.

foxx
06-14-2015, 09:28 PM
I don't get it. How can you make the existing parts you have work with a bolt lift kit?

I think I saw a kit somewhere that has bearings that encircle the hole in the BAS (BAS with cocking indicator), but if it is a one-bearing kit, I think you MUST change out the BAS and everything as you originally said.

missed
06-14-2015, 09:38 PM
http://shop.pacifictoolandgauge.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1330

I could take my existing BAS, drill and blind tap the inside to place a set fine threaded set screw (Or just drill it out and put a piece of ground tool steel in there and grind to fit for the length. Turn and grind a piece for the back of the cocking sleeve. Lap and polish the two pieces for a smooth bearing surface. Cut down the cocking indicator pin. It would end up being much like the bolt lift kit in the link. PTG does not have them in stock and there the typical dart board lead time. I am sure I will have more time in it than the $135 but lead time and I am a lefty the bolt handle does me no good. I know I have some prehard 4140 and A2 and D2 in the shop that I might be able to get to work for this. I try not to do business with PTG any longer after some recent dealings with them. JGS gets my business now.

foxx
06-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Interesting. Wonder what Fred has to say about that?

missed
06-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I have a counter bore reamer that should be here today. We will see. I need to go shoot it to see if the other bolt handle helps.