PDA

View Full Version : New member

jvicknpc
06-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, I'm a new member. I am 63 yrs old, married 42 yrs. with two sons in their 20's. I'm a retired Boilermaker. I am president of a hunt club-14 yrs and president of the Bay Disabled Outdoorsmen's Association, Inc., which I founded 13 yrs ago. I first joined the NRA in 1964 through the Ramstein Rod & Gun Club at Ramstein AFB, Germany. We met weekly at their indoor shooting range where we took classroom instruction, including written tests and then hands on training using single shot 22 rifles. I qualified for most all of the Marksmanship levels but had a break when we had to return to the states due to my grandmother's death in 1965. I have hunted and target practiced with rifles, pistols, black powder rifles, bows, and crossbows. So to sum it up, I have been a gun enthusiast for 51 years. I bought a Savage A17 a few weeks ago but haven't been able to shoot it yet. I hadn't seen any negative reviews of this gun before I purchased it. It seems , from what I have seen here, that there are some problems so I intend to monitor the forum to see how it all plays out. Any advice you can pass along will be much appreciated.

drybean
06-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Welcome aboard

Hotolds442
06-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Welcome!

Rick_W
06-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Welcome