PDA

View Full Version : Semi new shooter, new Edge XP. Suggestions?

Single Six
05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't want to blow a bunch of ammo getting the hang of it. Parallax looks like a pain...? Any and all suggestions and info welcomed. I've done some shooting and some ready but this will be my first centerfire rifle.

trappst
05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Package rifle I'm assuming......what chamber?

Single Six
05-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah, sorry. .223.

10 days of waiting...bought some ammo today. Which reminds me, what do you think it will like best?

Also, there's a bit of talk about the edge...I will do a review when it shows up if I know what people wanna know.

Frankdm
05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Just bought a Savage Edge XP .243 in black. I was really satisfied with the gun overall. The bolt is very smooth,the clip is easy to remove & re-install. The gun just feels good when you shoulder it. The scope is a Bushnell Sharpshooter 3x9x40, which is a pretty decent scope mine is clear and was very easy to get zeroed in.I'm not planning on upgrading any time soon.You have to remember it's a entry level gun to compete against the Remington &Mossberg rifles in the EDGE's class and Savage has them both beat.This gun is by no means a Remington 700 or a Winchester model 70 but it's one heck of a rifle for the money. I payed $321.24 out the door,that's a lot of rifle for the money.I think this rifle is really going to take off here pretty quick and it's going to put a hurting on some other brand of rifles.The accuracy using Federal Premium 70 gr. at 100 yards was 1/2 inch 3 shot groups!!! That will satisfy just about anybody.

Single Six
05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh, the waiting, oh the suspense! ;D

rjtfroggy
05-24-2010, 05:58 PM
The only problem I see is it is also going to hurt sales of the other rifles.
Then again maybe not a bad thing, that will make the prices come back down to retired folks price range.

Single Six
05-24-2010, 07:21 PM
OK, how 'bout back to topic... noob getting used to/breaking in new rifle.