PDA

View Full Version : Another 200 yard group

SniperGoat
06-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Made it back to the range again yesterday. I had to readjust my scope after my rifle accidently fell the other day. Here is my target after I got sighted back in; with three holes touching and one oddball flyer:

(note: 4 shot group because I like to leave 1 or 2 bullets in the box before I open another.)

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/1320Goat/IMG_4915_zpsnhfdqw2k.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/1320Goat/media/IMG_4915_zpsnhfdqw2k.jpg.html)

SniperGoat
06-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Bipod in front and bean bag in rear.

Rosco
06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Nice shooting!! What are you shooting btw?

SniperGoat
06-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Savage 10FP .308 cal with Vortex Viper PST 6-24 mil/mil. For ammo im using out-of-the-box Federal GM Sierra Match King 168gr.

yobuck
06-13-2015, 09:16 AM
I doubt you could have done that without the mil/mil lol.
Was the high one the first shot?

jonbearman
06-18-2015, 06:02 PM
How much time between shots?

SniperGoat
06-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Shots were taken approx 2-3 minutes apart

jonbearman
06-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Fine shooting. The flyer could have been a bad bullet.

eddiesindian
06-22-2015, 11:41 PM
I've had same results with that exact ammo. If I had deep pockets,I swear I'd purchase enuff to last a year. It really serves up humble pie. No time and money spent on load testing. Just chamber, zero,clock,calculate ballistics, and have at it. May the best shooter win. Reloading can without a doubt cause shooters burn out. Terrible disease. Try this and that,spend gobs of money, try this bullet with this powder set at this depth,with this and that. YYou've already sent 200 pills out your tube and still looking for the holy grail, then you try some fgmm in 168 ,well hell if that don't beat all.
Sometimes we get lucky and find our rigs favorite flavor quickly, and sometimes not.
I'll bet money you easily crack a 4" clay pigeon @ 1K providing the Wind God's don't show up that day.
Great shooting dude!

SniperGoat
06-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the great support folks. I cant really say for certain, but that odd shot was probably my fault. It was extremely hot and humid that day and sweat was just pouring down my face and into my eyes. I might have just lost focus on that one. I had already been out there for a while shooting my AR15. Either way I'm not worried about it. Each trip to the range is a (fun) learning experience for me and I just like to share those with you all. Stay tuned.

SniperGoat
06-23-2015, 08:00 AM
I've had same results with that exact ammo. If I had deep pockets,I swear I'd purchase enuff to last a year. It really serves up humble pie. No time and money spent on load testing. Just chamber, zero,clock,calculate ballistics, and have at it. May the best shooter win. Reloading can without a doubt cause shooters burn out. Terrible disease. Try this and that,spend gobs of money, try this bullet with this powder set at this depth,with this and that. YYou've already sent 200 pills out your tube and still looking for the holy grail, then you try some fgmm in 168 ,well hell if that don't beat all.
Sometimes we get lucky and find our rigs favorite flavor quickly, and sometimes not.
I'll bet money you easily crack a 4" clay pigeon @ 1K providing the Wind God's don't show up that day.
Great shooting dude!

Your right. That ammo has been such a blessing. I know reloading is cheaper in the long run but I barely find time to go shoot as it is.