PDA

View Full Version : digital vs beam scale

Pages : 1 [2]

Newbe
08-03-2015, 03:52 AM
FWIW I've been having great success with a GEM PRO 250- will accurately and repeatedly register one kernel of powder, returns to 0 and consistent SDs in the single digits. I leave it on all the time and re-check it with a set of check weights periodically.

I just finally broke mine out of the box last night and used it to check loads against my Hornady lock N load. The Gempro250 worked AWESOME! I even started weighing bullets with it to eliminate variation.

Robinhood
08-03-2015, 09:34 AM
ger42, Just in case you have missed previous post... It is imperative that you carefully remove the beam after each use. Vibrations resonating up from the ground will cause the knife edges to get dull from skidding around on the pillar. This causes the scale to become inconsistent from an uneven/worn pivot point.

ger42
08-04-2015, 11:11 AM
ger42, Just in case you have missed previous post... It is imperative that you carefully remove the beam after each use. Vibrations resonating up from the ground will cause the knife edges to get dull from skidding around on the pillar. This causes the scale to become inconsistent from an uneven/worn pivot point.

Thanks for reminding me. Tried it last night it has never been this sensitive I notice when the A/C kicked on it moved. I have to build something to shield it from that.