PDA

View Full Version : New Obama regulations

PaddyD
06-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Thia can't be good..

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-gun-blogs-videos-web-forums-threatened-by-new-obama-regulation/article/2565762

PaddyD
06-07-2015, 08:55 PM
In updating regulations governing international arms sales, State is demanding that anyone who puts technical details about arms and ammo on the web first get the OK from the federal government — or face a fine of up to $1 million and 20 years in jail.

According to the NRA, that would include blogs and web forums discussing technical details of common guns and ammunition, the type of info gun owners and ammo reloaders trade all the time.

Time to set your Congressman's phones on fire.

sixonetonoffun
06-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Internets getting squeezed hard lately. So much for free access to sharing thoughts and ideas. Now they want to police those too. Funny stuff right there.

J.Baker
06-08-2015, 12:54 AM
Going to let this slide for now, but try to keep the politics out of it. (hard to do since the subject is 100% political)

PaddyD
06-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Going to let this slide for now, but try to keep the politics out of it. (hard to do since the subject is 100% political)

You're making me wonder why you would consider censoring this for political reasons. Especially since this concerns this forum's very existence. I should think admin would be encouraging members to light up their representative's phone lines in defense of both 1st and second amendment rights. After all, is not this forum based on firearms and as Americans our right to own and talk about them without needing to seek approval from " the man"??

sixonetonoffun
06-08-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm sure its because forum rules forbid politics. Which are generally off topic and trollbait.

Which no one has time for. Especially the thin line of moderators here.

J.Baker
06-08-2015, 01:49 PM
You're making me wonder why you would consider censoring this for political reasons. Especially since this concerns this forum's very existence. I should think admin would be encouraging members to light up their representative's phone lines in defense of both 1st and second amendment rights. After all, is not this forum based on firearms and as Americans our right to own and talk about them without needing to seek approval from " the man"??

Because as the rules state, we have a zero tolerance policy for political threads because all they ever do is turn into arguments and we don't need that kind of garbage here on this site. You want to argue and debate politics there are literally thousands of sites out there set up specifically for that.

One can discuss this issue without making it political by just keeping to the issue itself and addressing it through contacting our Senators & Representatives. That's all that needs to be said.

PaddyD
06-08-2015, 01:58 PM
It's all good... When they finally succeed in shutting this and other forums down, ask yourself whether you wished there was somewhere that folks could monitor and spread the word on actions of past and the current administration in DC, which is completely engaged in outlawing not only private ownership of firearms and ammunition, but also the open technical discussion pertaining to them. I will leave it to the administrators of this forum to decide. I do feel they need a place here where information like this can be brought to light. Personally, I don't want to risk losing the rights I and others fought for. Trolls can be ignored or banned from posting.
Since this type of firearms discussion is verbotten I will comment no more on the subject.