PDA

View Full Version : Finally 10fcp-sr

greyghost
06-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Well finally after months of waiting my Savage 10fcp-sr has come in, Out of the box it looks to be a solid rifle, The accu stock seems solid, It free floats to the receiver, The threaded barrel is crisp and clean threads no slop in them. The trigger seems to be set pretty well, Clean break no travel or excess play. Loaded the mag only 6 rounds what I had laying around worked the bolt loaded and ejected all 6 just fine. Not crazy about recoil pad seems really soft and kind of mushy but will give it a try, Bolt was sticky at first but in just a few cycles it was either smoother or I was working it better. I got the 20" and so far very happy with it, This is my first Savage rifle have always been a Rem fan. Picked up a couple of new Rems the fit and function was terrible the action was what I would expect from rossi or Taurus kind of hit or miss, I wasn't impressed and then when my LGS said they wouldn't even have a Rem on the shelf I chose Savage, They say savages are ugly, But I like the look of this rifle, But all of that doesn't mean squat if it doesn't shoot so next week end headed to the range, Then I will upgrade this report as to whether its a keeper or not!
The bolt is over kill to say the least, I like that its big easy to grab and work but dang is that thing heavy, If it shoots I will be very Happy with my first Savage

bandj524
06-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Congrats on the new rifle. I bought the first one I saw at my LGS and it did not shoot good at all, but Customer service took great care of me. They had the rifle for over a month and the savage gun smith still didn't like the way it was shooting so they pulled a new rifle and it shot the way it should and they sent it to me. Kind of sucks because I'm out of the country right now and it just got to my house. So I'll have to wait to see it when I get home. By the way the magazines are very tight with 10 rounds loaded. What I did with mine was load it with ten rounds and put a zip tie around it to hold the 10th round in it and left it in the safe for about 3-4 days and it worked perfectly. If you have any problems savage customer service is top notch, they will bend over backwards to take care of you. Good luck with yours.

Russmerle
06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Congrats and happy to hear your baby finally came in. My first savage was a 10P SR and she shoots great. It's always good to hear good customer service stories about manufacturers I like. Thanks for sharing bandj542!

bandj524
06-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Russ CS was the best I have ever had with a gun company. I was shocked when they said they were pulling a rifle off the shelf then shoot it to ensure it was good to go then sent it to me with no arm bending from me at all. cant say enough good about them.

StormriderJD
06-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Just got mine last week and hoping the weather is good enough to go out this weekend. Does anyone have a part number for the magazine? I'd like to have at least one spare and I can't seem to locate a part number for the 10 round. Hell, I'd take a 4 round if that's all I can get.

Hotolds442
06-10-2015, 02:58 AM
If it's the polymer 10 rounder, The part number is 55184 and is supposed to run around $54.

greyghost
06-10-2015, 08:16 AM
I just ordered the AICS bottom metal and a 10 rnd mag, Magpul is making 5-10 rnd for 35.00 and 40.00, However my factory mag is tight no wobble at all. But decided to go with new metal and mag anyway. They say they cant keep factory mags they sell so fast and I guess they replaced a bunch already. Will find out this weekend if it shoots.

StormriderJD
06-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the information.

fragout
06-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Well finally after months of waiting my Savage 10fcp-sr has come in, Out of the box it looks to be a solid rifle, The accu stock seems solid, It free floats to the receiver, The threaded barrel is crisp and clean threads no slop in them. The trigger seems to be set pretty well, Clean break no travel or excess play. Loaded the mag only 6 rounds what I had laying around worked the bolt loaded and ejected all 6 just fine. Not crazy about recoil pad seems really soft and kind of mushy but will give it a try, Bolt was sticky at first but in just a few cycles it was either smoother or I was working it better. I got the 20" and so far very happy with it, This is my first Savage rifle have always been a Rem fan. Picked up a couple of new Rems the fit and function was terrible the action was what I would expect from rossi or Taurus kind of hit or miss, I wasn't impressed and then when my LGS said they wouldn't even have a Rem on the shelf I chose Savage, They say savages are ugly, But I like the look of this rifle, But all of that doesn't mean squat if it doesn't shoot so next week end headed to the range, Then I will upgrade this report as to whether its a keeper or not!
The bolt is over kill to say the least, I like that its big easy to grab and work but dang is that thing heavy, If it shoots I will be very Happy with my first Savage

A few questions for you.

What is the barrel length of your rifle? Twist rate? Is it a med weight tube or heavy weight? Fluted or not?

Thanks in advance.

bandj524
06-11-2015, 06:46 AM
frag the 10fcp-sr has a fluted, threaded barrel either in 24 or 20 inch. And it is a medium tube. I just got back into the country last night and checked my replacement rifle out that savage sent me and it is sweet (I'll post pics later today).

greyghost
06-24-2015, 12:15 AM
Well received Bottom Metal and Mag from Accurate Mag, The fit was perfect the idea you can use your old screws was short lived, Called Accurate Mag and they promptly sent out some longer screws, I had already gone to hardware store and bought some but will install these the next chance I get. Quick trip to range shot at 50 yds only but 5 shots was about .75 of an inch so will be happy to go back with a good scope and see what it can do, Just wanted to get a few rounds down range for function and cleaning, When I get new scope will go back for serious shooting, Happy so far, Mag worked flawlessly love the new bottom metal.

Supv26
06-25-2015, 05:20 AM
I finally was able to get a few of of these in and I'm keeping one for myself. I ordered a Precision Armament M11 muzzle brake, SWFA SS scope, Burris Xtreme rings, Vortec level, Harris bipod. I've got several boxes of new Lapua brass and Berger 175 gr bullets, plenty of IMR4064 and WIN 210 primers. As soon as I get it together I'll get it broke in and work up some loads for it.