PDA

View Full Version : Thinking outside the facebook box

twarren
06-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Thinking outside the Facebook box................

Since summer is coming and I have more time on my hands, I am trying to make friends outside of FACEBOOK, while applying the same principles.

Every day now, I walk down the street and tell the passersby what I have eaten, how I feel , what I have done the night before, and what I will do after.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening and spending time in my pool. I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them, and it’s working - I already have 3 people following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist!

fgw_in_fla
06-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Ya know, that would be pretty funny if it wasn't so true.

When the wife or I tell people we don't text, we don't use a smart phone, we have no I-Pad, we don't Skype (whatever the hell that is) they look at us strangely.

We have a cell phone that's about 20 yrs old. It's for emergency use only.
A laptop from 2004 sits proudly atop my desk.

And we don't even want these.

Computers suck wet baloney skins although, a necessary evil in life.
How else will I be able to order powder, parts, ammo...

Bolthead
06-16-2015, 03:56 PM
I have to agree. My wife and I are the same way, minimal technical intrusions, and better off for it. The smartest thing our cell phones can do is make a phone call. The grandkids look as us like we are some kind of wierd, but they do understand the dangers involved in going online, and thanks to the influence of their mother, they are pretty good about not getting totally sucked up into the madness.

03mossy
06-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I switched cell phone providers last year, with the new company I do not get service at my deer camp. I can not begin to tell you how nice it was to get back my piece and quiet and the ability to completely get away!