PDA

View Full Version : accutrigger bottom bolt release replacement

Luke45
06-02-2015, 03:49 PM
what is the best one? i usually use timneys but they do not accomidate for the bottom bolt release

Bigeclipse
06-02-2015, 03:57 PM
what is the best one? i usually use timneys but they do not accomidate for the bottom bolt release

just curious...is this a bench rest or hunting rifle? Distances intended to shoot? the reason I ask is if this is a hunting rifle shooting under 600 yards then accutrigger should be great as-is. You should be able to get a nice 3lb crisp brake. If you want less you can put in one of the target trigger springs which should drop you to 2-2.5lbs which is plenty for under 600yards (especially if you wear gloves). If shooting greater distances OR this is a benchrest only gun then that is another story.

Luke45
06-02-2015, 06:20 PM
just curious...is this a bench rest or hunting rifle? Distances intended to shoot? the reason I ask is if this is a hunting rifle shooting under 600 yards then accutrigger should be great as-is. You should be able to get a nice 3lb crisp brake. If you want less you can put in one of the target trigger springs which should drop you to 2-2.5lbs which is plenty for under 600yards (especially if you wear gloves). If shooting greater distances OR this is a benchrest only gun then that is another story.
Precision long range cimpetition rifle out to a mile so no accutrigger

Bigeclipse
06-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Precision long range cimpetition rifle out to a mile so no accutrigger

ah ok gotcha. I have just seen too many people going out in the woods with a crazy light trigger when it really is not needed nor is it desired in very cold weather. Sorry I really cant comment on which trigger would be best for competition out to a mile.

Luke45
06-03-2015, 11:49 AM
the big question is what aftermarket trigger can replace accutrigger with bottom bolt release! the timneys only work for top bolt release, i have like 4 of those

jpdown
06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't believe there currently any aftermarket triggers that will work with the Savage BBR action. Some folks have tried converting a BBR to TBR by switching out the sear. However, you have to bend the TBR sear arm to clear the BBR action or mill a flat spot on the action for arm clearance. The TBR sear is very hard and will break off, or most likely have a stress fracture if you try to bend. IMO, the easiest and cheapest way is to just find a TBR donor action. On current production rifles, I believe the Hog Hunter is the only model that still comes with the TBR.

Luke45
06-03-2015, 05:15 PM
thanks! what about rifle basix sav 1? it is vauge on thier site but sounds like it should work

Luke45
06-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Problem solved! just got email back from rifle basix

"Yes, SAV-1 will work just fine with Savage 110 centerfire action that has a bottom bolt release."

Luke45
06-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Update: sav1 trigger installed and easy drop in for a bottom bolt release accutrigger

tufrthnails
06-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Good to know. My Accu-trigger works just fine for my hunting rifle but who know what impulse buy I will make next!

Robinhood
06-07-2015, 11:11 AM
The Timney is equally as nice.

Londerko
06-08-2015, 02:08 AM
The Timney is equally as nice.
Yes, but it only works on top bolt release accutrigger models.