PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic stock model 10

Joby
05-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello, I am in the market for a "not so expensive" synthetic stock for my model 10, 7mm08. The thing that I love about this rifle is that it will shoot great 1/2" groups. The only thing that I do not like is the heavy, bulky stock. Any suggestions? Thanks!

darkker
05-25-2010, 12:01 AM
So you want another synthetic stock, but don't like that the stock stock(haha) is too heavy and bulky......
Really the stock tupperware unit you have isn't heavy, in the world of aftermarkets.
That being said, for the money Bell and Carlson Duramax is a nice stock.

HPL
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Just rec'd a B&C Medalist for my 10fp (308). Chose it after lots of research here and elsewhere. I destroyed the factory stock trying to beef it up. It was very flimsy though the gun shot well despite it. Balance and ergonomics were horrid. The B&C required a lot of dremel work to float the tang and allow the barrel lug to square up and center the barrel. I also had to bore the trigger guard so the action screw would reach home. I was very disappointed at first but when the dust cleared I held a rifle that fit me perfectly. That stock feels like a dream. Gonna shoot this weekend after 3 yrs of closet time.