PDA

View Full Version : 10FP LE models

aimatit
05-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Some of the early configuration 10FP LE models were built using the Choate Varmit Stock, I have read that they are pillar bedded, do those models have a bedding block in them also? Thanks

GaCop
05-23-2010, 06:03 AM
IIRC, they and the US have an aluminum block.

Snakum
05-23-2010, 06:09 PM
One of the competitors on the team head of me was using a Savage action on a Choate UV stock at the Pasq Precision Shoot. Nice looking rig, and was shooting very well from what I saw. I'm still pondering a second stock for the FCP-K for tactical shooting only, saving the Accustock for hunting with it.

On that note, his partner was active duty SF and had checked out his duty weapon ... the relatively new Mark 13 Mod 2 in .300 WM with suppressor. He was killing the plates with it. It has been fielded for a while in theater per friends still in, but rarely seen outside mil circles. Nice treat watching the pros with that thing. :D

aimatit
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Snakum, Sir, the MK13-mod2, Is that the replacement for the 40/24 models.

Snakum
05-24-2010, 02:16 AM
AFAIK the Mk 13 variants are still being fielded side-by-side with the 24, and was initially a 24 action (LA) rebarreled to .300WM and put in an AI chassis. There have been a lot of variants since, though. Now that it's being used in regular line doggie units I'd imagine the 24 will be shelved at some point. Of course the M21 was in mothballs for years and has been pulled out for DM duty in the box, so who knows? :D

aimatit
05-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I know the M-14 gets put down a lot by some, but I liked it , up to 400 mtrs. with apeture sights EZ pickin. Heavy yes recoil yes but dependable YES, and at a time when Uncle was furnishing the WRONG ammo for the 16 a M-14 would have been A-1 with me and most of the troops I knew. Fireup a salamander boil the water and drop a basket of M14 parts in boil 2-5 min, back together oiled and Rock-on.

Snakum
05-24-2010, 05:18 PM
We used the M21 for post-level Scout Sniper School in the late 80s before they started sending everyone to the AMU school at Benning. Heavy as hell and so beaten I'm sure mine had been used to butt-stroke a Viet Cong in the 60s (chunks of wood missing from stock). :D Also used that horrid ART I scope with the two vertical stadia lines measuring 15" at some such range. Horrid I tell ya. :D But the weapon itself was reliable as can be and shot pretty well from what I remember.