PDA

View Full Version : ACCUTRIGGER QUESTION

aimatit
05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
I would like to purchase one of the Target Accutrigers, is there a source for these, willSavage sell them? If there is no source is there any changes that can be made to the standard trigger to lower the pull weight? Thanks

82boy
05-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I would like to purchase one of the Target Accutrigers, is there a source for these,

NO.

willSavage sell them?
NO.

If there is no source is there any changes that can be made to the standard trigger to lower the pull weight?

Yes.

The target accu-trigger uses a different sear that has a different angle cut on it. Besides that they only difference is the springs.

aimatit
05-22-2010, 11:23 AM
82boy, Sir could you point me to a source for the sear and spring Thanks

82boy
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
No one sells the sear or the springs, they are not available. But you can re cut a factory sear to the same angle and clipping could, or other mods would take care of the spring issue.

You would be better off just buying a SSS comp trigger and be done with it. 1. You would have a far better trigger both fell and reliability. 2. I have never seen any one that was able to set the target accu-trigger down past 12 oz and it work repeatably. The SSS trigger will go down to 12 oz and do it reliable. Cost is under $100 bucks, it would also qualify as a "factory "trigger do to Savage installing them in the BVSS line at one time, prior to the accu-trigger.

aimatit
05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
82boy, Sir, thank you for your time and help.