PDA

View Full Version : model 111 lrh scope alignment

delphinus21
05-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Has anyone else run into this problem with a model 111 lrh. mine is in the 300 win mag. i have an ior valdada riding on top of it that when zeroed, i only have 1.5 mil left in right windage adjustment. i have swapped the rings front to back, side to side , bedded the rail, all to no avail. i am at the point of thinking the tap holes on the top of the receiver are out of alignment with the bore axis. i am going to mount the scope on another rifle that i know is correct and check the scope again. with iors quality control i am having a hard time believing its the scope. i have a new badger ordinance rail to install to eliminate that as well. i purchased the rifle new, so i know what has and hasnt been done to it. i wouldnt think that it would be that far out of alignment, but it isnt looking good. if it is, even if savage makes good and fixes it, i wont buy another. especially since they know about this problem with their other rifles, but keep putting them out.

Hotolds442
05-29-2015, 08:56 PM
How much left windage adjustment do you have?

Robinhood
05-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Is it new or used?

drybean
05-29-2015, 10:19 PM
A set of burris zee rings will be your best friend
it does not matters the who produces the product, they all F up

delphinus21
05-29-2015, 11:00 PM
i have 13.5 left windage after zeroing. the scope and rifle were purchased new by myself.

delphinus21
05-29-2015, 11:03 PM
the z rings dont come in 35mm

short round
05-30-2015, 12:35 AM
You can check the tap holes for alignment. With the base off, put base screws in receiver, put straight edge on side of screws & see if it is pointing off center.

delphinus21
05-30-2015, 04:32 PM
tried the straight edge already. couldnt really tell anything. so i tied a piece of dental floss to the back screw, left the other three out and ran it to, and over the center of the muzzle brake. ran straight as far as i could see. i put the scope on my other rifle and zeroed it and have the correct amount of windage. kind of eliminates the scope. i also put another scope on the rifle and bore sighted it, and have 20 mil adj left and right on it using the same mounting rail. mounted the ior on the other rifle using the same rings, ior hd that come with the scope. guess ill wait for the bo scope rail and give it a try.

delphinus21
06-01-2015, 07:51 PM
update. i rechecked the receiver bolts for torque. the front was slightly under 40. when i tried to torque the rear it just spins in place. whatever it attaches to in the stock has apparently broken while breaking in the barrel. trying to send it back to savage for repair and to have all known issues checked out. no response from them yet.

short round
06-01-2015, 08:40 PM
The screw to the rear of the trigger guard holds the trigger guard, doesn't go into receiver. The screws in front of TG go into receiver, if they do not tighten there is a problem.