PDA

View Full Version : Loading previously disassembled brass

MS50
05-29-2015, 06:34 AM
I recently disassembled a couple of boxes of 69SMK 223 that showed pressure signs. I used a RCBS collet bullet puller. I reloaded a few at a lower charge to arrive at a good load. The bullets were unmarked except for a faint line at the neck mouth. Am I overlooking anything in case prep before I reload the rest of the cases? I checked quite a few of them for chamber fit, no problems. No problems fitting into a Lyman case gauge.

Hotolds442
05-29-2015, 07:55 AM
If the loads are working out, run with it......

scope eye
05-29-2015, 08:13 AM
Also another way to go if you don't want to pull them all apart, you can run them through the press again, and set them .20 to .50 thou deeper into the case that relives a lot of pressure, a load has to be real hot for me to take it apart I have sunk them up to .100 thou into the case and they were still a tight grouping batch.

Dean

MS50
05-29-2015, 11:27 AM
I understand the physics behind seating them deeper. I chambered a few and didn't see an indication that they were into the lands. I could feel a spray on my trigger hand when I fired. I didn't have the nerve to go with them. The groups were pretty tight though. The load I came up with is 1.5gr of H335 less than the loads that were hot. Thanks.