PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to the middle left of Arizona

harrychyn
05-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Good evening all. Been an avid reader and learner from this site for several years and truly enjoy the Savage line of firearms. My latest acquisition about a year ago was the 10FCP-SR in 308 with the Accurate Mag DBM system. I guess from what I am reading this is the highly sought after Gen1 model. Looked for a long time and found one in South Dakota so naturally I had to save it from the cold winters. Traded out the digital tan Accu-stock for a Manners EH1, dropped an EGW 20 MOA base on her and a Nightforce F1 and wound up getting a total of 22.5 Mils of elevation by the time I got done which I thought was incredible. The old 0 MOA base gave me 17 Mils so I'll take the bonus. Going to leave her bone stock as this one will put three factory rounds, 168 SMKBTHP, in darn near the same hole from the prone position bi-pod supported at 100 yds, and at 510 she is spot on. Shoot with friends that have TAC OPS and high dollar Remi's and they have grown to respect this stock rifle so no need to monkey around with it and fix it until it's broke.
Very new to reloading so presently I am working up the last of the OCW for 175 SMKBTHP over Varget so I am very anxious to she how she will do at the 1000 yard line. Then the quest begins for the magic 168 recipe. Sure will be glad when I can finally reload a boat load and shoot the same.
Look forward to reading more, learning more and hopefully contributing from what I learn along the way.
So for now this is Harrychyn signing off and may God bless America and all of our standing, fallen, past, present and future patriots and first responders.

drybean
05-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the site

Hotolds442
05-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Welcome!

BarrelNuts
05-23-2015, 01:07 AM
Welcome to the site and congrats on getting a winner with the factory barrel... gotta love making the big spenders eat crow when your "cheap ugly savage" beats them handily!

yobuck
05-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the site and congrats on getting a winner with the factory barrel... gotta love making the big spenders eat crow when your "cheap ugly savage" beats them handily!

Well thats true but you just cant go blaming the guns. Million dollar boats dont come with guarantees to catch fish eather.

Rick_W
05-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Welcome

ragsflh
05-25-2015, 02:04 PM
howdy