PDA

View Full Version : Trigger suggestions

MoSavages
05-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Recently bought a 111 pre acutrigger. All my other savages have them and serve me well so I dont like the trigger. Having never bought an aftermarket trigger can you all please recommend one. I am planning making this rifle strictly a paper puncher. Thanks in advance.

drybean
05-17-2015, 09:50 PM
SSS comp trigger

olddav
05-17-2015, 09:52 PM
RifleBasix (SAV-2) or Sharp Shooter Supply (Competition Trigger). I have a SAV-2, a little hard to setup but I like it. Others can offer testimony regarding the Sharp Shooter Supply.

devildogandboy
05-17-2015, 10:37 PM
you won't be disappointed in the RifleBasix SAV-2. any of the name brands will probably work for you.

Bruce

Tom Thomson
05-18-2015, 04:17 AM
Mosav
Take your stock trigger to the dealer and ask him to show you EXACTLY how his is better. My guess is he won't be able to.
tommyt

psharon97
05-18-2015, 11:42 AM
I have no complaints with 3 rifles all using the SSS competition trigger

Teslawhiskey
05-18-2015, 11:44 AM
I have no complaints with 3 rifles all using the SSS competition trigger
Good to hear. They were out when I called so I am still waiting on mine.

MoSavages
05-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Tom,
If the trigger on this particular rifle didnt require a wench and 4 wheel drive to operate Id happily leave it on there. But as I said I dont like it therefore I am looking to replace it, also if I was soley going to use this to hunt with id leave it like it is, but since Im punching paper with it I would prefer a smoother one. ike I said in OP all my othervsavages have acutriggers and I obsuletly wouldnt change those out unless it was detrimental to my ability to breathe or disfigurement. Thanks for all suggestions. I guess Ill start looking into these triggers.

foxx
05-18-2015, 09:59 PM
They're all good. RB Sav-1 is easiest to swap out and set, but not much of a target trigger, more for hunting.

RB Sav-2 is really nice. Tough to set up, once you've done a couple it gets easier. I like, but a waste of money for hunting, I think.

SSS Comp Trigger is good for both hunting and "target". Easier to setup than RB Sav-2. Not as light, though, in my experience.

My .02