PDA

View Full Version : Saa

MoSavages
05-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Welcome to savage addicts anonymous........
Hi my name is Mo. Im a new addict. Always enjoyed my savage rifles. Well i found an abused 111 sitting in the corner of the pawn shop. One look at the 275$ price tag and home she came with me. Already ordered a new barrel, bolt handle. Factory stock is cracked. Barrel has gouges like someone used it as a pry bar. To scared to shoot it to see if worth a darn or not. non acutrigger so new trigger and stock once I get some more funds saved up. Reading posts here just makes me even more addicted. :) local gun smith going to look over gun for me nextt week. As long as the action is good Ill still consider this a good find.

MoSavages
05-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Update on rifle. Took it to local gun smith and he said it looked horrendous. My heart sank then he said I wouldnt dare shoot this thing but lucky for me its a Savage and the action is in great shape. He offered to buy it so he could build with it. I happily paid him for his services and said sorry but keep looking becuase thats why I bought it in the first place. He just laughed and said d@£* it another savage tweaker. Well now that that is out of the way is back to decision time.....what to buy next . hmm

BarrelNuts
05-18-2015, 09:17 PM
If you've gotten a new barrel on order, you've gotten the caliber picked; which is usually the hardest choice. Which one did you go with? Keep us posted... this is usually how "wow" begins

MoSavages
05-18-2015, 11:08 PM
.308 28 inches bbl

BarrelNuts
05-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Nice... with it being a LA you should be able to seat the heavy pills out as far as you want too. What are you planning on using it for primarily, paper or hunting?

MoSavages
05-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Punching paper

BarrelNuts
05-19-2015, 11:58 PM
With it being a model 111 is it the newer bottom bolt release? If it is and you have any luck finding a good aftermarket stock for it let me know because I'm looking at reworking my .25-06 with the bottom bolt release/DBM. Seems like I'm trying to find a unicorn.

MoSavages
05-20-2015, 06:21 PM
It has the top bolt release. But if I stumble across what ya looking for will definitely let you know.