PDA

View Full Version : LRPV Going Back

bvil
05-13-2015, 07:19 PM
After much deliberation I finally ordered a Model 12 LRPV in 223 1:7 before the current rebate ended. The only other one that I had looked at had significant stock damage and was covered in light brown dust.

Shipping was very quick from Bud's and the first thing I did was carefully inspect the stock. Sure enough, about a three inch crack was found on the left side at the rear of the receiver. The cause appears to be a thin wall left by very sloppy inletting/forming. My LGS is trying to find another one from a distributor who is willing to inspect before shipping.

Are these stocks really that fragile or am I just that lucky?

Jamie
05-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Shipping was very quick from Bud's

I have never dealt with them but I honestly don't recall many happy customers. Particularly when it comes to condition of a firearm received.

Are these stocks really that fragile or am I just that lucky?

If it is a LRPV then it should have a HS stock on it. I haven't seen issues with these. I am sure there are some out there as that is the way of mass production but it seems you may just be the guy the dealers send their messed up ones to.

jonbearman
05-15-2015, 08:49 AM
The hs precision stocks are very strong. If it is broken then someone had to try pretty hard to break it in transit or at the factory.

Fotheringill
05-15-2015, 10:42 AM
I never had a problem with condition from Bud's. Order processing and time for delivery is another issue entirely.
Try Kentucky Gun Company.

bvil
05-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Received the replacement rifle from Buds and it looks much better. Even the metal finish and machining is nicer.
I have only fired a few rounds for break-in while I sort out ring options for the EGW rail and a Vortex HST 6-24x50.

sc1911cwp
05-30-2015, 06:09 PM
I have never ordered from Buds, however I guess that is a hazard when trying to save money using the Internet. I wish I could find someone local willing to find what I want without killing me. A new national brand store opened a few months ago and wants $1400 for a F/TR.

bvil
05-31-2015, 02:03 AM
I asked the local shop to find one for me originally and none of his distributors had one in stock. Buds changed their listing to OOS after shipping the first rifle, which actually was shipped by a third party. The replacement was shipped from Buds.