PDA

View Full Version : 10T trigger and bolt problems

banjob
05-11-2015, 11:34 PM
I've had my 10T for about a year now, and it has functioned well. Today at the range the trigger started disengaging while closing the bolt, the accutrigger saftey sear block preventing an accidental discharge. It seems as though all of a sudden, the trigger pull became extremely light. I suppose all I need to do is adjust the trigger pull weight upward to keep this from happening, but I don't understand why the trigger pull suddenly lightened of it's own accord. Has anyone else had this problem? Also I recently tried to disassemble the bolt for cleaning, but I couldn't budge the the allen nut on the rear of the bolt. Is there a trick or technique I should try? I'm afraid I may strip the nut if I get too aggressive. Thanks.

Robinhood
05-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Insert the Hex Key in a way that when you step on the bolt it backs out the screw. You can also leave it in the rifle, open the bolt and then use the rifle as leverage. You got the trigger figured out.

mike21
05-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Perhaps this might help?

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?266-How-To-Remove-A-Stuck-BAS-and-Disassemble-Bolt

banjob
05-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your help. I'll give those suggestions a try.