PDA

View Full Version : Do Boyd's Axis stocks come with action screws?

SDCoyoteCaller
05-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Hi all,

I got a quick question. Do Boyd's supply both action screws when you buy a new axis stock from them? I sold my axis stock, and am now wondering if I will have to purchase another set of action screws. Thanks.

sixonetonoffun
05-06-2015, 11:48 PM
No.

short round
05-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Go to hardware store & get 1/4" 28 screws a little longer than you need, cut to length.

22BVGord
05-09-2015, 01:10 AM
I'm going through all of this right now as well. The front action screw from the old stock is o.k. in the front (.243). The back one is a little short. I found some 1/4" x 28 bolts at a local hardware store and cut one down with a dremmel/cutting blade. It seems to be working fine.

devildogandboy
05-09-2015, 09:15 PM
i ordered an Edge(Axis) stock from Boyds along with extra set of action screws and "metal" trigger gurad. received everything Thursday and mounted up with the old screws, no problem. i'll save the new ones for spares. if you need or want action screw or "metal" trigger guard order them at the same time. the Axis stock comes with the "plastic" trigger guard. my rifle looks MUCH NICER now with the Boyds stock, can't wait to get her out shooting!

Bruce