PDA

View Full Version : Open Sights on the Axis.

Pages : 1 [2]

Gabe1972
07-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Apparently you misunderstood my meaning. They won't be the EXACT same sights (same part numbers) as used on the Hog Hunter - they can't be due to the Hog Hunter having a larger barrel diameter. They will however be the same brand/model of sights, just a different P/N - the same ones that they used to use on the discontinued Model 11/111 hunter Series which had the exact same barrel profile as the Axis rifles use.

Ah, my mistake.

savage2014
08-02-2015, 04:41 PM
I can't wait to see a pic of the finished product. I too have asked about an axis with iron sights on a previous thread I started IIRC. I would also want it on my 223.

Gabe1972
08-05-2015, 08:54 PM
I can't wait to see a pic of the finished product. I too have asked about an axis with iron sights on a previous thread I started IIRC. I would also want it on my 223.

I will definitely do so. A problem I ran into was actually shipping the gun to them. Every entity that I contacted said they could not ship a rifle from an individual to the manufacturer, which actually goes against their stated policies on their websites (both the USPS and UPS state that they can). So, as it turns out, I have to send it through a local gun shop just up the road, and they are going to charge me $25 for the service of doing so. It's a pain, but worth it in the end. The LGS also said that it has to be shipped back to them, not me, when the work is done. Hopefully I will be sending it out by the end of this week. When I get it back I will take a couple of pics and post them.