PDA

View Full Version : Barrel contour...

BarrelNuts
05-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Getting ready to re-barrel my .25-06 and wondered if anyone had experience with the Shilen magnum contour and fitting into the standard tupperware stock and if any fitting is needed.

Not planning on rebuilding the entire rifle and plan on keeping this as a walk to the tree stand only rifle so lighter weight is a plus; currently has the factory 24" sporter, curious if anyone knows how much heavier a 26" magnum contour would be.

Thanks in advance

BarrelNuts
05-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Also; forgot to ask in the OP... if I were to re-stock does anyone know what options are out there for the 111xp package... Bottom bolt release, CF, DBM, and want to keep it light weight/sporter style...

jonbearman
05-08-2015, 12:37 PM
You would have to open the stock some to fit it and make sure it is free floated. I would try Boyds and stockys for a light weight or feather weight stock to fit that barrel. Call boyds and see if they inlet the feather weight for the magnum contour because I think they do.

BarrelNuts
05-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Jon, thanks for the info. May just get a dowel rod, some sandpaper and chuck it in the drill and open up the factory plastic for now. Or I may just save the $$ all together and instead of putting a new barrel on spend some time revisiting my load development for it; have to have something to do while waiting on my glass to come in for the .260