PDA

View Full Version : First time with a striker

rjtfroggy
05-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Well I finally after 6 six months of owning this Striker took it out on Sunday. Very depressing to say the least, I was in the dirt 10-20' in front of the 100 yard target for all but one shot, took 21.
This is a 516bsak in 260 rem. I put a new Nikon Force 2.5-8 eer scope mounted with Burris base and standard low rings and ran out of elevation.
Yesterday I removed the scope recentered it, took the rear base and put a shim under it, then put medium rings on it. Remounted everything then bore sighted the old fashion way looking through barrel then scope and making adjustments. Seems to have worked because now sighting this way at 132 yards Laser measured It seems to be on target but will probably need some minor adjustments with the turrets at 100. I can't use the range again until Sunday because we share with the cops and they are qualifying during the week for the next month.
I will post my results and let you know if my home made fix worked.

Hotolds442
05-05-2015, 09:22 AM
If it didn't work, just send it to me and I'll put it out of its misery!

rjtfroggy
05-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Hotolds it better work, I have as much invested in this thing as I do a custom shop 110LE 7mm with a Russo stock.

snowgetter1
05-05-2015, 02:14 PM
If it has a brake consider dumping the pistol scope and going with a rifle scope. When I first started with strikers I had two pistol scopes. I could never seem to adjust my eyes well with the eer. Once I switched to rifle scopes and with practice on the trigger and grip groups shrunk to smaller than my best rifles.