PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 Predator Magazine Feed Problem

H4350
05-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey Y'all,

I have a brand new Savage 10 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor and that magazine doesn't feed correctly every time. Sometimes it feed smooth, other times it will get caught in the chamber.

It looks like the back of the brass doesn't fully make it out of the case but the neck of the round is up, jamming the bolt action. I pull the action back a bit, the round pops up and I can load it.

Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

jonbearman
05-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Send it back if its fairly new or is new and make them fix it since you as a customer is deserving that the rifle functions properly. I would send samples of the factory ammo you are using or at least ask them if they want samples.

talltimber
05-08-2015, 08:04 AM
If it's a dbm make sure the mag is seated correctly. I had a couple of issues with my 10 PC when I first got it. Seat the rear first then the latch end. You didn't say if your inconsistency was round to round or mag fill/attachment vs the next.
And not saying you don't know how to put a mag in, but I didn't on this rifle at first. Fed fine on one mag attachment, jam the next. I was trying to push it in with the bottom of the mag parallel with the bottom of the stock. It would "catch", and stay in there, but wasn't right.