PDA

View Full Version : Converting a Stevens 200 to a Box magazine

idale
05-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone, I am looking for a little help. I have a Stevens Model 200 in .25-06 that I would love to convert over to a detachable box magazine. I am sure there are posts on here concerning this but what I am really looking for is a step by step guide or video on this, I really don't want to ruin the rifle, it is such a beauty. I would really appreciate any help.

scooterf79
05-02-2015, 10:07 PM
You need to know of its centerfeed or staggerfeed first. If its a centerfeed then the mag box will stay in the stock when you remove the barreled action. If its a staggerfeed the mag box will stay attached to the action when you remove the stock. My first build I went from dbm to blind mag(mine was a centerfeed). Some of the more experienced guys here can let you know for certain but Im not sure you can go dbm if you have a staggerfeed action. If I remember right There are some posts in the how to section (if you're a paid member) with pictures to show you how to do it. You will need a stock with the cutout for dbm metal, dbm bottom metal and the bottom part of the mag(you can use your current magbox and follower) provided its a centerfeed action. I hope I at least made some sense. Lol
Scooter

BarrelNuts
05-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Center feed is really easy to convert; just upgrade the stock to a DBM inletted stock, get the bottom metal from savage, and get a magazine bottom. Or you can go to a accurate-mag (or other aftermarket vendor) and use AICS or other types of higher capacity magazines. Another thing to check is if the rifle is a side or bottom bolt release... bottom release tends to be more difficult to find aftermarket parts.

darkker
05-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Cdi

BarrelNuts
05-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Cdi

Thats the other brand I was thinking of but couldn't remember...