PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 BAS-K .308

pegleg
05-18-2010, 08:48 AM
;D
I finally got my Model 10 yesterday. SWEET and HEAVY.
Range report and pics this weekend.

Buck45
05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Just had one arrive. It is a brick. Very stable. I'm going to use a Harris bipod. There is one thing I would like to change maybe someone out there will know. The stock on the new 338 unit looks more comfortable. Can they be switched ?

Looking at Night Force scope with their rings in extra high . But toying with a Bushnell tactical also.

If the muzzle break was removed it might make F/TR Class. Add scope and bipod almost at 18 lbs.

pegleg
05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I use a AR-15 A2 scope riser to get the scope up to a really comfortable level. The stock is a bit flimsy when it is raised all the way up but it will work ok for now. I am a bi-lateral amputee so i hunt from a ATV or a pickup so the extreme weight will not be a problem. I cant wait to get it out this weekend. The stock looks pretty simple to change out. But wife says i have to wait for now.

Buck45
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I agree the stock wobbles at full height. But the rifle is a rock solid platform. I am looking at getting out to sight in in the next few weeks.

I am left eye dominant right handed. Pain in the you know where . I'm going to see about a different stock.

Good luck on your first shoot with the rifle.

pegleg
06-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Finally had good enough weather to take out my new toy. It is awesome! I was at the range 2.5 hours and only got off 10 rounds. Breaking in a new barrel can be a real pain. I have a Simmons 6x19 scope on it which i have had on other rifles and it has been great. I had no problems with the accu-trigger that i have read others have had. At 25 yards i was shooting holes in my holes 3 shots at a time while sighting in. At 100 my last shot was .5 inches off the bull to the right. I had to leave it there and get to a soccer game. But boy it was nice to shoot.