PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Carlson loose swivel stud

willyg09
04-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Afternoon guys,
I just picked up a used Bell and Carlson tactical medalist and the front swivel stud is loose.
Has anyone tried a DIY fix like epoxy or loctite to permanently secure it?
Thanks in advance.

WinnieTheBoom
04-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Remove the action from the stock and see if there is a hole in the barrel channel. If it's anything like my HSP stock, it should tighten as you turn it to the right.

willyg09
04-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the reply winnie, i should have specified a little better but the stud seems like it is stripped out.

WinnieTheBoom
04-27-2015, 07:59 PM
I would still see if there's a hole in the barrel channel to see if you can remove it altogether and then re-install. Otherwise a "band-aid" fix would be to get a Harris bipod... If it's just stripped in the sense that it turns freely, the bipod will still be able to use it to create tension between itself and the stock. At leasat at that point you wouldn't have to deal with the loose swivel stud anymore. Just an idea.

BillPa
04-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Afternoon guys,
I just picked up a used Bell and Carlson tactical medalist and the front swivel stud is loose.
Has anyone tried a DIY fix like epoxy or loctite to permanently secure it?
Thanks in advance.

Remove the BA from the stock, apply a release agent on the stud and threads, fill the hole with JB/JB-Quick then turn the stud in position and allow the JB to cure. If its through hole wipe off any excess JB in the barrel channel and use Q-Tips to remove any on the outside around the stud.

After the JB cures you can put a pin punch or nail through the hole in the stud to remove it.

Yes, I've done a dozen or so that way!:p

Bill

willyg09
04-28-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks guys I will be doing that for sure and maybe the raised cheek-piece modification while I am at it.
I will report back and let yall know how it went.
Thanks again!