PDA

View Full Version : New place to shoot.....

Pages : 1 [2]

scooterf79
05-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Well, I got to shoot a little bit there Saturday. I will add a disclaimer, lol. I had company (my father-in-law and his buddy) so I didnt really get to shoot as much as I wanted or had planned in my head. I had driven up there the evening before just to range some places and get an idea where to go the next morning. Much to my suprise and enjoyment....I can shoot as far as I'd ever need or want to. I hit 1600+ on several distant hillsides with my new Leica 1600.
I had wanted to step out gradually, as I had only been to 400 on paper. I had wanted to go 500ish, 600ish, and so on. We got up there and the guy with us told us where to go which was actually where I was the day before. I ranged the first spot and it was 740ish. He said you wanted 700 right? I said sure so....I started at 749......not ideally what I wanted but might as well try it.
Got everything set up and ranged it again, and my Strelok app had my drop at about 17 MOA, I actually ended up going to 18.25 MOA to get me on paper. Ive never really had to worry about wind till now....WOW! Lol. It varied from roughly 5-10mph crosswind....I had to adjust anywhere from 3-5 MOA.
I wasnt impressed with my shooting, and Ive got a lot of work to do but.....I had a blast and can't wait to go back. This long range stuff is addicting....and its just another 250 to 1k! Cant wait!
Scooter