PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun hello all, first time so here goes on a Stevens Model 67 12 Ga

bobbeaver
04-26-2015, 11:13 PM
I have a Model 67E 12 Gauge that is in very decent shape as far as looks goes but have a slight problem when shooting it. not sure if I am doing something wrong or there is a small repair that needs to be done so here goes
I push the pump release button by the trigger to rack first shell and fire but I cannot rack it again till I push the release again by the trigger.
when breach is open I can see the part that moves with the release button but do not know what to do to keep it pushed so I can rack more than one shot in a series. any help or comments will be greatly appreciated
Bob beaver

rice paddy daddy
06-29-2015, 02:14 PM
After firing, or even dry firing on an empty chamber, the forend will not freely move backward to chamber the next round without depressing the release?
If so, there is something amiss inside your receiver.
I'm sure a gunsmith could get it going again.

I have a 67E also.

Ironfinger
07-10-2015, 09:54 AM
I have the same shotgun with the same problem. Many years ago I messed up a friend's mod. 67 and his quit working. Same condition yours is in. I found out it was the lever and attached spring that was the culprit. I quickly removed mine and put it in his and his was fine. Mine, of course, was messed up after I put his part in my shotgun. I soon purchased a new part form Neumrich's(iirc) to replace the part in mine. It worked for a while and now mine is, has been for 20years, in the same condition as yours. I think a gunsmith is the answer for both of us. Lol!! The ONLY reason I still have this shotgun is because it is the first EVER firearm I purchased. I got it at a Big 5 sporting goods store in Mountlake Terrace WA. in about 1982-3 for $100 out the door. It is my shop gun now. Here's a picture of it's insides for you. Not my gun, just a photo I found on the internet.http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu279/WranglerWayne/Removed20assembly_zpsytr94u4o.jpg

Maxrad
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
I am not sure if your problem can be cured with my remedy but I had a similar problem on my1965 67 Series A that I converted into a Vietnam War 77E clone (with the exception of the slide release location of course). After replacing all the trigger housing springs and it still not running right I put the trigger housing in holding the slide release in (down) the whole time before screwing and pinning it back in. After that it runs flawlessly. I don't know why, but it worked. Try that.