PDA

View Full Version : LH LA stock choices

originaljk
04-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Ok I have been looking at different web sites and have been searching for a left hand long action stock in a varmint/tactical style, not really looking for a chassis system. I could not find a BC one. Do they even make them? My choices so far are the choate tactical and the boyds thumbhole or tacticool. I have read where some say to just get the choate because it is "a little" better. If I were to bed the action and pillars on a boyds stock would that bring it up to the level of a good stock? Would the cutout for bottom metal bring about any kind of flex in a stock in a negative way? thanks?

geargrinder
04-25-2015, 01:27 PM
I have a Boyds and like it a lot. I also have a Stockade Pdog/Tactical, it's probably my favorite. Those are the two within a decent price range.

Above that, I'd recommend Manners or Mcmillan.

No BC, but you could always cut a LH slot and fill the RH slot. Many have done it.

LH is tough to find good stocks for.

originaljk
05-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks. I just ended up with the choate and see how that works out for me.

No.343
06-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Another right minded person here. I just started my first barrel replacement project. I have a 110 in 30-06. I just bought a varmit weight barrel chambered in 243Win. I need a left handed stock. How did the Choate stock work out for you?